Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Allocation Manager to join our Merchandising, Planning, & Allocation team.
We believe in being intentional about our approach to modern work. Our hybrid model drives our commitment to fostering an environment that empowers, enables & supports our workforce to do their best work with in-person moments that matter. This role reports to the Senior Director, Planning & Allocation and will require a weekly in-office presence on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
Consistently analyze performance trends to inform future allocation strategies.
Effectively allocate new & existing core products to stores & warehouses based on assortment goals & past performance.
Analyze retail & international selling trends to create location specific allocation plans & partner with Retail/International teams to roll out strategy.
Create scalable allocation processes for Away taking into account channel & market differences to allow for greater visibility into inventory status & performance.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop allocation reporting related to system calibration, inventory management, & in-stock rates.
Drive consistent communication with key stakeholders around allocation strategies & results, inclusive of risk & opportunity.
Build the company education of inventory health through iterating on current processes & implementing new strategies to drive the business forward.
Collaborate with our Production & Operations teams to recommend inventory strategy efficiency improvements to ensure that we are implementing an optimized retail fulfillment network.
Partner with Finance & Inventory teams on liquidation & end of lifecycle product management.
Who you are:
4-6 years professional experience, in an allocation role
Comfortable & confident making allocation decisions & recommendations grounded in data
Team player with a no task is too small attitude
Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards program that also includes benefits, bonus, equity & various social & professional investment opportunities at Away. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope & qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, & balancing internal equity relative to other Away employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Away to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary Range: $99,000 - $105,000 annually
- This role is eligible to participate in Aways Annual Company Performance Bonus Plan, the terms of which are determined on an annual basis at the discretion of the company
- Equity Grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company
- Benefits Overview:
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Flexible spending, health savings & commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation, personal well being, volunteer, paid holidays, floating holidays, bereavement & jury duty)
- Paid Parental Leave, Short & Long-term disability
- Product stipends & recognition awards
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on & has since expanded to offer an array of luggage & travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London & Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies & has been recognized on TIMEs list of Best Inventions. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total rewards packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a stocked kitchen.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities, as well as access to one-on-one professional coaching services, so we can support you as the company's needs evolve.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through people-focused initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, monthly cultural programming, our hybrid approach to ways of working, & our newly designed HQ that centers intentionality & collaboration, we're building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.