Role: Client Relations Specialist- Agent Support
Location: Austin, TX (Remote)
Reports To: Client Relations Manager
Hippo is a VC-funded startup headquartered in Palo Alto, California, with Insurance Headquarters in Austin, Texas. Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using AI, aerial imagery, smart home devices, & beautiful UI/UX, we strive to provide clients with nothing less than the best coverage, best value & best customer service in the industry. This approach is clearly resonating with homeowners.
Hippo has grown 25% a month, has a customer satisfaction score of more than double the industry average & insures more than $90B in property value. Were looking for the very best talent in the world to help us continue to find new ways of fundamentally redefining the role insurance plays in peoples lives.
About This Role
Were seeking an experienced insurance professional who is willing to think outside the box with a whole new approach to policy servicing. This position will be cross-functional & work hand in hand with our Sales, Service & Underwriting organizations to maximize profitable growth & expansion while providing exceptional service to our Agent partners. After 90 days of training in the office youd be able to work from home!
- Youre a former Agent or Underwriter
- You love helping people, have a natural empathy for others & helping them find solutions & solve problems
- Highly collaborative & enjoy working with others
- Develop & maintain a strong working relationship with the Sales team
- Provide superb customer support & assistance via chat, phone, & email
- You are dedicated to meeting the expectations & requirements of our customers, you act with customers in mind; establishes & maintains effective relationships with customers & gains their trust & respect.
- Process customer service requests quickly & thoroughly
- Must be able to spend your first 90 days in our Austin office, prior to working from home
- Prior experience in Property or Homeowners insurance is required
- A Property & Casualty Broker/Agent license will be needed, but we are willing to provide training!
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced & diverse environment
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Self-motivated & directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous & expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity & a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible & willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced & dynamic
- Bachelors degree preferred
Compensation & Perks
- Fun offices located in Austin, TX
- Free catered lunch 3 days a week & a fully stocked kitchen!
- Paid time off & multiple shifts available (9AM-6PM, 11AM-8PM, 10AM-7PM)
- Full time salary based on experience & equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, & flexible spending accounts
- Fun, start-up environment -- casual dress, events, etc.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, & we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion.
Hippos applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippos People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.