Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Front Desk Team
Thumbtack Front Desk is a brand new offering that provides our professionals & their businesses with a virtual front desk service to engage with their clients. The Front Desk team delivers best-in-class services to our pros by engaging with interested customers & converting them to booked jobs. Were a fast-paced team that delivers a high-quality experience so that pros can focus on what they do best while customers get the answers they need to find the right pro for their projects.
About the Role
As a Chat Specialist, you will play a critical role in making sure that customers who contact pros on our Front Desk service receive high quality responses & engagement. You will have the opportunity to work on an exciting new service weve launched to improve the customer experience on Thumbtack by helping them get to faster resolutions with the pros they want to work with. By delivering fast, high-quality messages & engagement to customers, we help increase conversion & ROI for our pros.
- Ensure that pros enrolled in the Front Desk Service receive best-in-class messaging service by responding to customers who contact them in a fast, high-quality manner according to company guidelines & pros preferences or instructions
- Be able to concurrently respond to multiple customers on behalf of pros businesses to respond to, engage, & resolve customer enquiries according to pros preferred resolutions
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Thumbtack Front Desk Service & keep abreast of updates to the service in order to operationalize changes & messaging effectively
- Resolve concerns of customers & pros through, chat, e-mail, & SMS
- Ensure that requested updates to pros messaging or service are processed in an efficient & timely manner
- Use all relevant resources & knowledge centers in addressing various user concerns
- Gather feedback about the platform, tools, & processes that will help improve the overall customer/Pro experience
- Contribute as a team member by engaging in coaching sessions, team meetings, team building activities, & other team & company events
- Demonstrate accountability by meeting/exceeding monthly productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, & resolution rate targets & finding ways to improve KPIs, guidelines, & processes
- Uphold the values of Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Experience in BPO, shared services, or similar industry preferred
- 1-2 years experience in customer service with at least 6 months exposure in SMS, Chat, & Email is preferred
- Strong English verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to empathize & build rapport with customers to provide a great & effortless experience
- Ability to build & gain the customers' trust & confidence by understanding their concerns & resolve problems efficiently
- Excellent critical & analytical thinking skills
- Ability to assimilate a variety of information & make logical/consistent decisions
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance & manage time effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems & getting up to speed quickly with our online tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced tech startup environment
- Proficient with the primary Google suite tool such as Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Calendar, & etc.
- Knowledge on technology & online service industry
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.