Director of International Product Management - NYC
We are currently seeking a Director of International Product Management reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Director of International Product Management will own 1st Dibs roadmap for the marketplaces expansion into geographies outside the United States. In this newly created role the Director will guide a team of Product Managers who will be responsible for a robust portfolio of features & functionality required to support a complex ecosystem of buyers & sellers.
In this role you will be in a unique position to create new features & optimize existing functionality across all aspects of the marketplace Buyer / Seller, platform (desktop / mobile), product category (i.e.; furniture, art, jewelry). Youll prioritize & plan market launches, development & delivery of features, set goals & measure results. This will be accomplished via hands on ownership as well as leadership both direct & through influence across the organization working closely with design, marketing & engineering teams.
International expansion is an important strategic initiative for 1st Dibs as such, you will be considered a senior member of the organization & should expect to be in a highly visible role where maturity, intelligence & exceptional communication skills are essential. To succeed, you must possess the qualities of a General Manager able to think strategically, lead execution, determine the ROI of initiatives & drive growth
The successful candidate will bring proven product oriented thinking combined with communication, analytical & leadership skills. Candidates must be passionate about leading & managing people, working across global cultures, driving business growth in international markets, & making an impact at a growth stage company thats reshaping economic models.
What Youll Do
- Own the roadmap & rollout of the 1st Dibs two party luxury goods marketplace in markets outside the US.
- Identify features / functionality that can be localized vs. those built from scratch taking into account unique buyer / seller attributes in target markets.
- Effectively collaborate with Product, Commercial & Engineering teams to prioritize, validate, & define product requirements.
- Leverage data, analysis & subject expertise to make difficult tradeoff decisions to ensure clear prioritization - clearly communicate decisions across the organization.
- Collect, analyze & understand key product metrics being aware of progress toward goals at all times
- Quickly identify variances & take action to solve problems
- Create an organization structure consistent with budgets & achieving financial targets.
- Recruit nimble A players - Identify, coach & mentor talent.
- Have & communicate a detailed understanding of the overall market, best practices, competitive landscape, 1st Dibs market position & value proposition.
- Be the internal & external expert for international - understand & communicate long & short term trends - their potential impact on the business & the product roadmap
- Identify & negotiate with relevant local partners.
- As a senior team member participate in the companys ongoing strategic planning efforts.
Experience / Qualification
- Demonstrable success as a product owner in an eCommerce company or marketplace with responsibility for a European customer base.
- Previous experience with localization of an existing product, platform or service.Adept in the use of analytics, user research & business cases to drive decisions
- Makes decisions through the lens of running a P&L, allocates resources & sets priorities based on an understanding of the RoI for a given project.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, influence & coordinate cross-functional teams & manage direct reports.
- Previous success building, launching & growing a complex technology platform
- Adheres to an Agile development methodology with frequent product release cycles.
- Has experience with user interface design including functional requirements gathering, user analysis, information architecture, prototyping & usability testing..
- Technical chops able to engage with a sophisticated development team, articulate product design & frame technical decisions appropriately.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting priorities & general growth challenges of an early-stage technology company.
- Able to break down complex problems & communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions.
- Create a plan, build consensus & make things happen
- A bias toward action - roll-up-your-sleeves entrepreneurial, start-up attitude.
- Excellent communication skills speaking, writing, listening, presenting, influencing with particular grasp of storytelling & multi-phased roadmap communication
- A high level of intelligence, able to grasp & solve complex business issues quickly & creatively.
- An authentic belief in the companys vision, business model, & ability to succeed.
- Highest ethical standards consistent with the policies & values of the company.
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.