MakerBot mechanical engineers architect, design, test, & assist in the manufacturing of hardware systems for MakerBot 3D printers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design & layout of mechanical components & systems
- Review mechanical parts & systems to uphold drafting standards & engineering best practices
- Mentor, delegate & review work assignments of junior & staff team members
- Create specifications for mechanical systems; validate & demonstrate adherence to those specifications
- Research & specify system level components like motors, bearings, materials, & fasteners
- Work with other senior engineers to architect future products at a system level
- Work closely with electrical & manufacturing engineering teams to design at a system level
- Lead products through prototype, design validation, & manufacturing build cycles
- Develop documentation for other engineers, technicians, production, & customers
- Research & drive next generation technologies
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with engineering teams to work through complex technical challenges & drive innovation
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Masters Degree preferred
- 5+ years of proven design experience
- Technical ownership over a subsystem of a design or finished product
- Mentoring and/or management experience
- Interaction with vendors (part suppliers & manufacturing teams)
- Fluency with SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD tools & FEA software
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, tooling techniques/capabilities (CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, Injection Molding, & die casting)
- Direct experience with plastics, die casting, sheet metal & machining suppliers
- Expertise with electrical test & measurement tools
- Specific experience designing consumer or office products
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excited to work in a fast-paced high-energy environment with the mechanical engineering team & other technical teams in Brooklyn, NY. 5+ years mechanical design experience
Sometimes, its the little things:
- Amazing view from the 21st floor. Great for Instagram!
- Snacks & seltzer. Fruit, yogurt, nuts, granola bars, chips, cereal its like bringing your pantry to work.
- A ping-pong & pool table, if youre into that sort of thing. And healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- Twice weekly on-site, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge & expertise to help & teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations complete with cupcakes, brownies, & some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
This is an on-site, full-time salaried position located in our Brooklyn office. The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot,a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.