The Sr. Search Strategist will join an expert team of holistic-minded search marketers. Youll use search insights to craft data-driven digital strategies that demonstrate a deep understanding of our clients overall businesses. You will identify & lead opportunities to drive performance through content strategy, user experience, & a strong technical foundation. You will own the definition & execution of our search strategies, including performance tracking, reporting, & continuous improvement. You know how to unlock the stories found in data that can drive opportunities in a competitive & fast-paced environment, & you have a passion for optimizing exceptional site experiences.
- Own the development, execution, & optimization of search strategies for a range of clients.
- Use search data (in conjunction with other research sources) to understand user intent, drive content strategy, & identify opportunities.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to incorporate SEO strategies & best practices.
- Effectively convey SEO concepts & strategies to both clients & colleagues in a concise, meaningful, & easy-to-understand manner.
- Define search-driven guidelines around page content, mobile friendliness, site architecture, URL structure, page titles, meta descriptions, headings, schema markup, page speed, anchor text, internal linking, site maps, etc.
- Define search requirements & provide direction to copywriters, designers & engineers while quality checking implementation.
- Develop frameworks & reports to systematically track & improve search performance.
- Combine paid search & organic search data when available to reduce costs while maximizing key business activities.
- Conduct paid & organic search audits & competitive analysis.
- Define success metrics & translate SEO results to business objectives.
- Merchandise success stories & sell the benefits of new search projects.
- Pitch, launch, & optimize performance-driven search campaigns.
- 4+ years of SEO experience within an agency environment, ideally with multiple websites.
- Demonstrated achievements in systematically improving search rankings that translated into traffic growth & improved site conversion.
- Strong presentation skills with an emphasis on crafting compelling visual stories in slide format.
- Strong technical understanding as it relates to SEO in the web development process, & the ability to work in partnership with a development team.
- Excellent business acumen, results-orientation & communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to leverage multiple data sources to inform decision-making.
- Great attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize & meet targets & deadlines.
- Systematic approach to identifying content & UX opportunities & issues, defining solutions, & executing action plans.
- Experience driving both paid & organic search strategies & the integration of both.
- Passion for staying current in a rapidly evolving digital environment, leveraging new tools & techniques to gain a competitive edge.