What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all.
About the Role
Were looking for a Sales & Relationship Manager to help us launch into our next phase of growth. Youll join our Institutional team & support our relationship management efforts, developing deep & fruitful connections with institutional partners. This role will focus on Exchanges & Proprietary Trading Firms. The role could be based in either Chicago or New York.
If youre excited to join a highly innovative & motivated team working to bridge the gap between new tech & institutional finance, wed love to hear from you!
- Significantly grow our Institutional Revenue
- Manage Institutional Relationships
- Originate new institutional clients & identify new business opportunities
- Understand the challenges of our institutional clients & assess the activities of our competitors to proactively satisfy & retain our clients
- 6+ years of experience in a sales origination role, preferably in prime brokerage, high frequency trading, FX or commodities
- Large network of proprietary trading firms with a record of long-lasting & productive relationships
- Proven ability to manage the complete sales process from prospecting to closing with an ownership mentality
- Interest in crypto currencies & enthusiasm about BlockFis products & business model
- Ability to represent the companys culture & values to our institutional counter-parties
- Inclusive team player attitude
- Start-up mindset
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our downtown Manhattan office or remote in Chicago with access to investor work space.