Away is looking for an experienced Manager of Retail Training + Performance to join the team at HQ. This position will be instrumental in our retail growth, as we continue to develop our world-class experience model. The role will specialize in training content creation & facilitating the implementation of training programs. The ideal candidate has 1-3 years of training experience in a similar industry, & is interested in learning about scaling a fast-paced consumer brand.
This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City & will report to Away's Director of Retail Experience + Store Operations.
What you will be doing:
- Develop training strategies/content for retail stores, with a focus on improving KPIs, brand knowledge & a world-class in store experience.
- Execute training activities that support retail goals.
- Facilitate monthly Regional training ambassadors calls, contributing to content development
- Create training decks for morning briefings, store meetings & other retail activities
- Coach & train sales associates through on-the-floor observation, providing feedback, & exemplifying the world-class service expectation.
- Develop regular retail incentive launches, specifically tied to business focuses, in partner with with Director of Experience.
- Support retail growth by partnering with retail leaders on succession planning, & retail onboarding programs - both development & execution.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop a range of content for the retail teams.
- Lead retail customer service initiatives.
Who you are:
- 1-3 years in a sales, service or retail training capacity - or similar.
- 3-5 experience in a retail store management role.
- Strong presentation skills, both verbal & written.
- Ability to present to a range of audiences.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people.We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive.Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.