As a Director of UX, you bring strategic leadership to the office & make significant contributions to the overall creative output of the agency. You combine stellar user experience architecture, analytical, & strategic skills with creative thinking. Managing a team of UX Designers who are unwavering advocates for the user & extremely passionate about UX design is definitely something you are looking for.
Owning multiple pieces of business & being accountable for the user experience & interaction models across multiple touch points can be challengingbut youre equal to the task. Youll work alongside Project Managers to estimate the level of effort for a project. With your multidisciplinary team, youll manage multiple projects at oncecreating site architecture deliverables such as high-fidelity prototypes, wireframes, user flows, site maps, & more.Youre comfortable working alongside leadership, such asa Group UX Director or Executive Creative Director, to map out the direction of the creative discipline & ensure the creative team is collaborating at a high level.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of UX designers to build & test user interface designs that meet or exceed customer & stakeholder expectations.
- Guide & direct UX team members by delegating, follow-up, & mentoring.
- Act as an advocate for the user & be able to appropriately challenge senior stakeholders with insights when user goals/needs are set aside for subjective reasons.
- Provide quality assurance on all UX deliverables.
- Build & maintain a team rapport with creative teammates, account managers, strategists, content strategists, marketing science, & producers.
- Act as an account lead, able to effectively visualize & verbalize ideas to clients.
- Facilitate design & brainstorming workshops with both internal teams & clients.
- Oversee multiple projects for high-visibility clients, effectively jumping between focus areas depending on the need.
- Collaborate with the leadership team & creative leads to define, manage & evolve a clear vision for the UX discipline.
- Play a key role in leading recruiting & resourcing efforts while cultivating an effective working team.
- Ensure that all members of the team understand how theyre contributing to the success of the project & the agency.
- Actively coach direct reports to maximize their impact & professional development.
- Help define team culture & promote culture through coaching/mentorship.
- Embody the values of a CM leader & share/promote the agency culture in all interactions (internally & externally).
- Actively identify talent that would positively contribute to agency culture.
- Exhibit working knowledge across adjacent domains, such as visual design, front-end development, brand strategy, & content strategy.
- Be known throughout the agency as a UX leader that is sought after by discipline leads, office GMs, & the executive team for UX input.
- Engage in the industry & act as an ambassador of the CM brand when attending conferences/meetings.
- Own key UX components of the business development process based on experience & contribute to the development of the overall sales story.
- 5-7 years related industry experience in UX, product design, new media, information technology, communications, or library / information science.
- 3+years experience in a supervisory/management role of a UX team.
- A strategic & creative mind set with the ability to thrive at the intersection of data, design, & technology.
- Strong storytelling skills with excellent verbal, written, & visual communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration & interpersonal skills, client relation skills, & ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven experience in effectively leading teams & working with varying levels of senior leadership & junior team members.
- Proven business acumen with demonstrable experience in leading brands in building & delivering excellent user experiences.
- Experienced, innovative, & forward-thinking attitude with demonstrated leadership of large-scale projects from concept to completion.
- Thorough, detail-oriented, & highly organized working style, with the ability to multi-task & meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility & adaptability to fast-paced & changing environments.
- A deep appreciation & understanding of user experience including research, information architecture, usability testing, & applying it to create compelling digital experiences.
- High proficiency in the use of tools such as Sketch, Omnigraffle, InVision, Principle, & Axure as well as Keynote, Powerpoint, & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Body of work demonstrating creative thinking, process, problem solving, process, & quality spanning various digital platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise & experience with process & business analysis, software development & project processes large scale projects, documentation for development teams, application of content management, personalization, targeting & search systems, & modular design systems.
- Familiarity working with WCAG 2.0 A/AA standards.