Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, & more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, & responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
As Jackpockets Texas based Ops Manager, you will lead all local personnel & take ownership of all regional operational functions. You will become an SME on Jackpockets inner workings, establish & implement standard operating procedures, & continually hire, train, & develop a large team of operations staff.
- Lead & manage Jackpocket's Texas based fulfillment center, one of our highest volume markets
- Actively manage a large team of 30+ employees & participate in day to day lottery ticket processing activities
- Develop & deliver new hire training & facilitate ongoing learning & development for staff
- Establish & maintain best practices & standard operating procedures in collaboration with Ops peers & leadership
- Continually evaluate performance & efficiency & implement procedural & tactical improvements
- Set team & individual level goals, track OKRs, & provide ongoing coaching & mentorship to drive performance
- Lead local hiring efforts & establish a strong employer reputation in the local talent market
- Handle day-to-day employee scheduling, approve timecards, update standard operating procedures, & make sure associates are prepared for the day & working in a safe environment.
- Monitor supply delivery, inventory management, manage regular cleaning & maintenance schedules, & troubleshoot & system or facility issues.
- Perform cash balance reporting, execution of initiatives & directives, & additional duties as required
- Willing & able to work late nights & weekends
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Technically proficient & able to perform technical troubleshooting
- Able to function independently & complete tasks from start to finish with minimal oversight
- Experience hiring, managing, scheduling, & developing a large roster of mostly part time operational staff
- Experience with personnel management including hiring & firing, familiarity with TX employment law
- Enthusiastic about learning, creating structure, & willing to jump in & help wherever is needed
- Demonstrated experience developing & improving operational processes
- Experience working with a high-growth company or fast paced environment
- Medical insurance covered up to 100% by Jackpocket
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits & Citi Bike membership
- Discounted gym membership
- Autonomy & upward mobility
This is a full-time exempt position & is not eligible for overtime under FLSA requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackpocket is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, & reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, & activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com.