Phreesia is looking for a Senior Manager of External Financial Reporting to join our growing team!
This individual will be responsible for leading the Companys financial filing process with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) & providing technical support to members of the Finance & Accounting team(s) & the Company at large. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Controller with direct visibility to the CAO & CFO, this individual will be tasked to work with all stakeholders across the company on SEC reporting matters
What Youll Do:
- Lead the planning, coordination, & preparation of the Companys SEC filings across all functions & affected teams including legal, functional departments, HR & finance.
- Draft & coordinate the preparation of quarterly & annual SEC disclosures for MD&A & financial statement footnotes.
- Collaborate with department leaders on the SEC reporting processes & regulate the flow of information & supporting documentation required for accurate & timely reporting of required filings & disclosures.
- Understand the Companys products, services, & the required regulatory reporting requirements & disclosures.
- Have a firm grasp of the Companys key & critical transactions & their impact on SEC disclosure purposes.
- Work with technical accounting research related to new & proposed accounting standards to ensure proper treatment & disclosure in SEC filings.
- Support & review annual proxy & other SEC files ensuring completeness & accuracy of applicable financial information.
- Support Investor Relations with investor deliverables such as earnings releases, investor Q&A & other presentations.
- Support the financial audits & the SOX 404 audits, including the preparation of PBCs (prepared by client schedules) for the audits & to support our SEC filings. Work effectively with external auditors on a regular basis.
- Support the equity accounting function related to share-based compensation, EPS & forecasting. Coordinate with HR & legal on stock administration procedures. Maintain capitalization table.
- Support the finance & accounting teams with timely & insightful research, documentation & guidance on technical accounting matters, including complex & non-standard transactions such as revenue recognition, derivatives, equity, internally developed software capitalization & debt offerings, adoption of new standards, & general corporate accounting matters.
- Collaborate with other finance & business stakeholders to support department initiatives, including implementations of accounting-related systems/applications & process improvements.
- Support & adhere to strong internal control policies & procedures, including identifying areas for improvement that support efficient & timely SEC filing.
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed.
What Youll Bring:
- 8-15 years of experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Public accounting experience (preferably Big 4) or the equivalent public company experience with comprehensive hands-on working expertise of U.S. GAAP & SEC reporting
- Strong accounting & analytical skills with great attention to details
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic with the ability to work independently & collaboratively
- Strong communication & project management skills
- Experience with SOX 404 & internal control over financial reporting
- Experience with Workiva (WDesk) SEC reporting tool or equivalent tool & XBRL preferred
- Exhibit the highest ethical standards while demonstrating accountability & ownership
Who We Are:
AtPhreesia, were committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscapeand we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing & enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, & hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesiacare about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, were a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazines Best Places to Work in Healthcare award.If youre interested in consistent feedback & recognition, defined career paths, & the opportunity to work with driven & engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, & short/long-term & life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited snacks & drinks in our offices
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement & Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition & certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
Be sure to check outourInstagram andFacebook!
We strive to provide a diverse & inclusive environment & are an equal opportunity employer.