WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide seeks a determined individual with a passion for video to help take our marketing efforts to the next level. The Post Production Junior Video Editor will be dedicated to editing, polishing, & adding motion graphics to video content for our best in class brands: WeddingWire, The Knot, The Bump & WeddingPro. Candidate should have strong storytelling skills, great timing, & an understanding of trending video concepts across all media platforms, especially YouTube, Instagram & Facebook. This position offers a chance to work in a fast-paced startup environment for an Internet company focused on developing solutions for the $100 billion US wedding industry. This in-office role is an open-ended contract position, with the possibility for conversion to full-time employee over time.
- Utilize editing software to create visually compelling rough cuts, refining them with color correction & motion graphics to deliver polished final edits
- Project types include interviews, stop-motion, & short form social media videos
- Title & motion graphics in After Effects
- Preparing projects for finishing & archiving, delivering content in multiple sizes
- Potential to assist with the ideation & creative brainstorm for video content across social media & on site
- Perform technical duties, including media management, by transferring video footage & setting up post-production projects
SUCCESSFUL JR. VIDEO EDITOR CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 1-3 years of experience editing videos for post-production projects.
- A passion for storytelling.
- Expertise with the Adobe Suite, specifically: Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder, & Photoshop.
- An ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- A Bachelors degree in a related field preferred.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You are respectful & act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isnt right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You arent afraid to challenge the status quo & know that theres no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback & never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.