About Simple Health
Were on a mission to build care that fits your life. Our business started as Simple Contacts, but is rapidly expanding into the Simple Health brand as we launch more direct-to-consumer medical services.
About the Role
Simple Health is seeking a Director of Finance to serve as a key member of the Finance team reporting directly to the VP of Finance. In this position you will be a strategic thought partner who will advise & influence decisions that have a real impact on P&L. You will be responsible for day-to-day financial activities including but not limited to: financial modeling, budgeting, managing cash flow & supporting the month-end close. You will play a key part in developing strategy & driving insightful business decisions across the organization. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, ready to roll up their sleeves, someone who can adapt quickly to changing business needs. This is an opportunity to make a big impact on a fast-growing, exciting startup.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, prepare & coordinate the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, & long-range strategic planning processes partnering with all functional areas across the business to ensure alignment of business & financial goals
- Work with our data team to provide quantitative-based recommendations that support revenue growth targets & improve profitability, operating efficiency, & effectiveness
- Deliver monthly analysis & reporting of financial results, including variances to business' plan, to ensure key issues, risks, & business drivers are clearly understood & highlighted
- Provide the management team with support for Board presentations, business development & fundraising opportunities
- Identify & implement systems, processes, policies & controls to ensure scalable & secure financial operations
- Partner with third-party accounting firm to ensure that monthly financial statements are prepared timely & accurately
- Support annual audit, tax filing & other compliance requests
- 5 - 7 years experience of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, accounting and/or audit experience
- Prior experience working in a growing startup environment strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proven track record of advanced analytical skills; must be able to define & execute key analyses with minimal supervision
- Exceptional communicator with ability to present concepts, recommendations & analyses to senior management in a clear, concise & actionable manner
- Superior problem solving & project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage numerous projects with competing timelines
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, & excellent business partnering skills
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy & precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized & resourceful
- Inquisitive, eagerness to learn, & willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
We think you should join us. Heres why:
- We see things differently.Thats why were building a diverse culture - with people who bring unique perspectives & backgrounds to the table. We need a diverse team to build products that serve our diverse patients.
- Were humans first, employees second. Work-life balance matters to us - thats why we requireminimumvacation time, are flexible with when & where you work, offer paid parental leave & more.
- Were building for longevity.Growth is not confined to job descriptions or teams, & we encourage continuous learning, both within your specialty & in other interests.
- Health matters to us, including yours.We pay 100% of employee healthcare premiums & offer free contacts to our employees.