Director of Virtual Operations
We are seeking an experienced & strategic leader to develop & scale our rapidly growing Virtual Meetings & Events Operation. As Director of Virtual Operations, you are responsible for our three (and growing) Virtual Production Studios located in NYC. You will oversee the coordination of technical resources, development & refinement of scalable processes, hiring & development of our technical team, & the consistent end-to-end delivery of operational excellence across the platform.
What Youll Do:
You are strategic, a systems thinker, a builder of teams & processes, cool under pressure, obsessed with every detail, highly organized, an amazing communicator, & have experience in the delivery of high- stakes, high-quality live productions. Youll define & scale our Virtual operations teams & processes & manage multiple teams concurrently in NYC. Additionally, you will interface directly with our most VIP clients, so you will also have a passion for customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the operational delivery of our Virtual Meetings & Events business at scale.
- Strategic thinking & execution on delivering a high performing operation capable of producing dozens of Virtual & Hybrid events per week with zero defects.
- Work closely with our software engineering, network & product team as we continue to enhance our Virtual Platform capabilities & new features; be an input & strategic partner to the development of our Hybrid platform that extends our Virtual platform into our 30+ locations
- Hiring, training, resource planning & management of our growing Control Room Team made up of Virtual Tech Directors, Studio Technicians, & Virtual Production/Customer Success Managers. Lead teams to meet exponentially increasing customer demand for both our Virtual & Hybrid meeting & events products.
- Define best practices & processes to ensure high quality & flawless execution as our new Virtual capability becomes central to the delivery of the Convene experience.
- Create team KPIs to measure performance & capacity with a data-driven, process-oriented mindset capable of managing high customer demand & translation into operational design & execution.
What We Look For:
- 10+ years experience in live streaming, webcasting, high profile/large event production, and/or TV broadcast environments
- Experience building & operating high performance teams in a high stakes setting.
- Experience with AV production, processes, & equipment.
- Commitment to excellence, obsessed with quality, & excited about building something new in a high growth, high paced environment.
Who We Are:
Convene creates your best day of work, wherever it happens.
Join us as we undergo a digital transformation. At Convene, were building new products & enhancing our existing services to be the leading one-stop solution for everything work-related. From creating inspiring meetings & events on our new Virtual Meetings platform to increasing employee engagement via our Convene At Home portal, were developing the platforms to help people operate at their highest potential.
Since 2009, weve partnered with the largest, most innovative landlords in the world to develop meeting & workplace solutions that go far beyond the conventional office providing todays most progressive organizations & their employees with the amenities & comforts of a full-service hotel. Now, were extending that expertise to the virtual environment with new & expanded products & services that meet the needs of todays distributed workforce.
- Differentiated product offering for landlords, enterprise customers, & companies navigating the new demands of a hybrid workforce that works both at the office & at home
- Hospitality-driven + people-focused platform (industry leading +89% NPS) enabled by a proprietary technology platform creates durable competitive advantage. Thats higher than Airbnb, Netflix, & Amazon.
Our suite of products & services include:
Our Virtual Meeting platform integrates proprietary technology with live support to create inspiring digital meetings & events.
Hybrid Meetings combines our Virtual Meeting platform with our network of locations to create a seamless in-person & remote meeting & event experience.
On-demand meeting, event & conference venues with capacities from 2 to 700 people
31 locations totaling 803K+ total square feet
At-Home membership is an online subscription-based platform that provides access to Convenes partners, design consultants, a workplace management platform, & other perks.
Best-in-class flexible workplace servicing companies from 8 to 300+ employees
10 locations totaling 516K+ total square feet
A premium flex & amenity solution that is customizable & scalable. Companies & landlords can select from our Meetings, WorkPlace, & amenity solutions to suit their needs.
White-label, premium amenity program powering Class-A buildings
48K+ total square feet
Hospitality at Convene is the service that helps you flow from individual work to collaborative work, from working remotely to being in the office. But we dont stop there -- we give as much attention to the time you need to look after your health, wellness, family, friends, & community.
What we believe in:
Living by our GRIT values & the philosophy of being 1% better every day
- Creating experiences & spaces designed to help you do your best
- Fostering human connection via technology & in-person interaction
- Treating our employees as whole people -- not just workers
Our award-winning culture & design expertise
Convene has the most awarded company culture in both the flexible space & meetings industries. Our spaces are beautifully designed & reflect our global footprint & local knowledge.
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.