This position is part of CMs Summer Internship Program. More than 40 interns will be joining the CM family this summer across various offices & disciplines. Our interns are PAID, engage in real project work & are 100% part of our team. Candidates must be available from mid-May to mid-August to be eligible.
Best part of our program? The interns will come together as a team to work on a special project created for them by CMs Executive team together with one of CMs clients. If you are looking to gain experience from digital masters & get your career off to a great start, this may be the program for you.
The User Experience (UX) Design Intern will play an important supporting role in the development of our clients experiences, & will lead the UX for the CM intern project. Working closely with various cross-disciplinary teams involved in the creative process, the UX Design Intern will have the opportunity to learn about & contribute to the planning process of various projects by organizing information, designing UIs, building prototypes, & developing interaction models. You will have the opportunity to learn & use User Experience specific programs such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure & Principle.
- Review research on competitive brands, existing digital experiences, past projects & consumer research
- Synthesize research findings to aid the project teams
- Collaborate with project team members & clients to develop organizational concepts
- Translate concepts into effective user experience deliverables
- Prepare UX documentation, such as, but not limited to: site architectures, wireframes, use cases & task flows, prototypes, etc.
- Ensure UX documentation is well organized & continuously updated
- Identify & implement opportunities to refine UX process
- A multidisciplinary educational background in disciplines such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, human/computer interface design or commerce/business
- Related industry experience in new media, information technology, communications, or library/information science preferred
- A keen desire to develop better knowledge of UX best practices & the tools used to create deliverable while meeting deadlines
- Some experience creating wireframes, prototypes, site maps & user flows
- A general understanding of how to create & use personas & use case scenarios
- Some knowledge of interpreting analytics, metrics, usability testing & user data
- Great communication skills & an eye for detail
- The ability to discuss, defend & debate concepts with team members
- Participated in creative brainstorming sessions
- Comfortably worked on multiple projects, simultaneously
- Shown creative thinking, & complete assignments on-time, while demonstrating an attention to detail