BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Social Media Video freelancer to join our team. You will work on social video strategy, & have a hand in video publishing on all social platforms.
- Work on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok video publishing.
- Communicate & brainstorm with content creators & video creators to achieve goals & meet deadlines, analyzing & reporting on social performance, trends, & new opportunities.
- Embed with brand-focused video teams, like Pero Like & Nifty, & help them set up their content for success on various social platforms.
- Launch accounts & grow audiences on emerging video platforms like TikTok. Work on emerging platform features like Instagram reels. Adapt existing content to better suit these platforms.
- Engage with the BuzzFeed community across platforms.
- Help maintain the cheery & collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude & obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about on the internet
- 1-2 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- Social media reporting experience & data analysis skills
- An understanding of social video & how to optimize it for different platforms.
- Preferably experience with lightweight video editing/ knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- An understanding of virality & the media landscape
- Be a self-motivated person who isn't afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., & why content on those platforms became popular
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.