Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Be part of a team in the late & final scientific stages of making breakthrough medical diagnostics available for patients. You will support & drive the development & validation of new technologies by designing & analyzing experiments to validate & characterize their performance. You will apply & develop new analytical & statistical methods to describe results internally & externally to partners or regulatory agencies. Expertise in bioinformatics, data analysis, & experimental design will be integral to the strategy for the full team including Operations, Regulatory Affairs, QA, Software Engineering, & others.
- Design & defend analytical experiments with clinical samples
- Develop statistical methods & procedures describe & validate Guardant's technologies
- Write experimental protocols & reports in collaboration with assay development scientists
- Support the increasing scale of running many thousands of samples per year by implementing appropriate QC & validation methods
- Propose & present detailed designs & concise, well-written reports to a cross-functional teams
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- PhD-level & 2+ years related industry experience.
- Experience with experimental design & associated statistical analysis (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression, hierarchical models)
- Ability to develop analyses, models, & reproducible reports with Python or R
- Ability to build reproducible & well-written code or packages for data analysis
- Preferred experience developing or validating tests or devices in a collaborative or regulated environment
- Familiarity with NGS technology & workflows
- Preferred experience troubleshooting, maintaining, or launching of a medical product
- Deep interest & active curiosity in improving medical technology & practice
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs