Senior Front-End Engineer
As Senior Front-End Engineer, you will create & maintain the front-end experience of our websites & lend your expertise in website performance, UX, & data visualization to the planning, development & design of our products. As a senior member of the technical team you will also be expected to research & leverage new technologies where appropriate & contribute to the technical architecture & standards of our platform.
- Developing new components & applications in OpenSlates React-based UI system
- Creating templates, configuration, & other artifacts of the web application framework
- Collaborating with other members of the Engineering team on the integration of & design of back-end API services
- Organizing code & assets in a sane & responsible way.
- Applying contemporary best practices to how code is written & formatted, with an eye towards readability & reuse.
- Managing code changes & version control to adhere to industry & company standards.
- Measuring & testing the function & performance of new & refactored code.
- Collaborating with Technical Management in developing sustainable & robust software development processes & accomplishing team goals.
- Collaborating closely with design, product development & senior management in the planning & operation of our products.
- Mastery building advanced user interfaces using contemporary browser-based technologies.
- Experience building with React or other similar frameworks.
- Expertise utilizing different techniques to marshall data from a back-end source & knowing when to use which technique.
- Expertise building complex data visualizations using D3 or other libraries.
- Expertise building websites within the Django web framework.
- Ability to break down complex application behavior into smaller discrete functions.
- Application of appropriate strategies in testing, debugging & profiling code to improve functionality & performance or correct a problem.
- Planning, estimating & organizing work.
- Excellent communication skills whether working with other team members or senior management.
- Maintaining & growing a knowledge of contemporary & evolving front-end technologies
- Applying both research & creativity to solving problems that do not have an established solution.