Senior Product Designer - Small Business Partnerships
At GoCardless, were passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they & their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce & Quickbooks, more & more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
Were headquartered in the UK, & backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital & Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. Weve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire & develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning & feedback, & support colleagues to develop in their role & more broadly in their careers.
Product Designer at GoCardless
We believe in making lives easier by building outstanding experiences. For many of our Small Business customers, in particular, the GoCardless product is experienced through integrations built by third party software companies. We want to ensure this experience is just as great as we strive to make it in-house, & that our partners have all the tools & support they need to make this possible.
Were looking for someone to join the design function to help develop our approach to working with external partners on product design. Youll interrogate data & uncover new insights to develop tools & materials which enable partners to build high quality integrations. Youll work directly with external partners as they both build & develop their products, & spot new opportunities to maximise the success of our integrations.
This is a highly collaborative role, working closely with commercial Partner Account Managers, Product teams, Solutions Engineers & external stakeholders. As a Senior Product Designer, youll take the lead on development across the whole design process, straddling both the Design & Partnerships functions.
Small Business Partnerships is a key growth engine for GoCardless, & this role is an opportunity to have a large impact on the success of the function.
Build our understanding & playbook
- You will be partnering across the business with commercial & product stakeholders to drive research pieces that uncover customer problems & define our customers' & our partners jobs.
- You will be interrogating data points & behavioural patterns, turning these into opportunities for product improvements that drive value for both our users & our partners
- You will be building the external facing playbook for partner product design, taking into account our priority segments & the capabilities of our partners products
- You will be drawing on experience, knowledge, & data, to help define the future landscape of the GoCardless partner platform & technical certification programme
Help partners build & update great integrations
- Utilising your insights you will spot opportunities for partners to improve their integrations
- Working closely with commercial partner account managers & technical leads you will present opportunities for improvement directly to external partners
- You will work directly with our external partners, including both product & commercial stakeholders, to iterate designs & implement changes within partner products
- You will be accountable for crafting best-in-class visuals & experiences any products you work on
- You will be using your Figma expertise to streamline workflows & create varied projects from wireframes to highly polished prototypes.
- You will be a contributor to the GoCardless design system, promoting its usage, defining & contributing to the libraries, & managing the versioning workflow.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us & we welcome applications from those with disabilities & from underrepresented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring & onboarding process, we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field & continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active employee resource groups (such a BEAM & Rainbow) that are supported & sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage & inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours & remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave & pension packages. Youll also receive equity because we believe having this buy in is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility & throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives & negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, & enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one & three days per week for collaboration & teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. Well also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration & socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally, we offer support to maintain wellbeing & comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments & a range of remote social activities you can dip in & out of whenever you fancy.