Job Description|Additional Information
The Pluralsight Data Org boasts one of the most innovative & highest performing Analytics teams in the world. We focus on using data to improve outcomes for our colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, & everyone in the Pluralsight community. In addition, we are a team that values & encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, & strengths. And lastly, we consider carefully the ethical & security implications of choices we make when using data, as well as the impact of our work on customers & colleagues.
It's within that context that we are seeking an Analytics Application & System Engineer. This uniquely skilled & experienced individual will be counted to support & drive improvement efforts for our Analytics tools, architecture, & delivery mechanisms.
The perfect applicant for this role should be comfortable managing multiple concurrent workstreams. In addition, they should have the capacity & willingness to completely own her/his own workstreams. In short, you aren't afraid to ask for help; however, you do not require routine guidance in order to execute on your assignments.
We love team members who are aware of how crucial it is to be proactive & communicative, fully dedicated to providing insights & recommendations in both a technical & non-technical manner. Also, we love those who routinely & reflexively create statement of work documentation, seek opportunities to mentor others, & create metadata to help place code in context.
Who you are committed to being:
- You use data to improve outcomes for your colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, & everyone in the Pluralsight community.
- You are a proactive, self-aware, & empathetic communicator.
- You create reproducible & extensible work.
- You appreciate being on a team that values & encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, & strengths.
- You create a roadmap for excellent output by identifying the questions & objectives that drive each project.
- You are open to changing your methods & conclusions in response to new knowledge.
- You present your work in ways that empower others to make more informed decisions.
- You carefully consider the ethical & security implications of choices you make when using data, as well as the impact of your work on customers & colleagues.
- You respect & invite fair criticism while promoting the identification & open discussion of errors, risks, & unintended consequences of your work.
- You help others understand the most useful & appropriate applications of data to solve real-world problems.
What you'll own:
- The operational support layer of the analytics as a service delivery tools & architecture for our Professional Services team
- Ensuring stakeholder access to deliverables is frictionless & in compliance with rules & constraints
- Maintaining expertise in one or more programming languages (preferably PowerShell)
- Participation in capacity planning to ensure infrastructure can meet current & future demands
- Collaboration with infrastructure, security, & delivery teams to ensure optimal platform success
- Developing scripts to automate processes
- Participation in on-call rotation to resolve problems through root cause analysis, data & system investigation, debugging & testing
- Planning & execution of system upgrades & migrations
- System administration functions: log aggregation, automated deployment, user provisioning, & data security
- Providing active management & monitoring of system resources & capacity, application of patches & bug fixes, & review of system logs
- Using your ability as a systems thinker to proactively identify & transform suboptimal data, code, or infrastructure for the purpose of maximizing impact
- Interfacing closely with Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, as well as other operational teams within the business to create cross-functional relationships that help with the understanding of company data needs
Experience you'll need:
- Experience with managed file transfer (MFT) tools
- Experience with basic network communication protocols (FTP, SFTP, FTPS) to help configure environments & resolve technical issues
- Expertise in SQL & at least one programming language (PowerShell, Python, Perl etc)
- 2-4 years of experience providing system administration for analytics applications & tools (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx)
- Demonstrated ability to train colleagues on troubleshooting & diagnostics
- Demonstrated proficiency in reporting/dashboarding, data transformation, & data analysis
- Strong communication skills & willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
- Experience with data warehousing architecture & data modeling best practices
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.