BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
We're looking for a Global Benefits Coordinator/Analyst. Reporting to the Global Benefits Manager, you will support the team by assisting employees with benefits enrollment & questions, handling all leaves, managing insurance billing, & the administration of various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental & vision. This is a fixed term position with the chance to convert to permanent.
- In partnership with our benefits brokers, assist with the administration of various employee benefits programs such as group health, flexible spending and health saving accounts, dental, vision, accident & disability, life insurance, 401(k), & wellness benefits
- Administer all Disability/Leaves of Absences (globally), including meeting with employees, updating our HRIS & tracker, & be main point of contact for our administrator
- Work with Finance to ensure leave payments are properly allocated
- Research, troubleshoot, & resolve escalations for benefits inquiries
- Work effectively with our HRIS technology Workday to maintain employee benefits & ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately
- Help conduct benefits orientations & explain benefits enrollment
- Support Open Enrollment including employee communications, information sessions, testing & ensuring data accuracy;
- Reconcile benefits billing statements & conduct monthly audits to identify and correct headcount discrepancies
- Work with payroll on tracking & reconcile benefit deductions
- Complete regulatory, compliance, & audit requirements
- Stay informed on industry developments & regulatory updates
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
- Develop an understanding of our competitive position on benefits offerings & make recommendations to strengthen those specific to our employee population
- Have a strong desire to learn international benefits
- Have both a strong curiosity to learn & a drive for continual improvement
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of work experience
- 1-2 years in HR or a similar role
- Strong Microsoft Office skills specifically MS Excel
- Excellent written & interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative team member with excellent attention to detail & strong sense of urgency & follow through
- Strong Workday experience preferred
- Working knowledge of current employment & benefits laws
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally & escalate issues when appropriate
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation & benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.