At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Developing an autonomous vehicle is a complicated prospect. Ultimately theres a series of computers that are in control of passenger safety (to varying degrees), & so the security requirements of these computers must be stringent. We quickly end up needing to design systems that must be highly reliable & highly robust, in best-of-breed architectures for segmentation & assurance, with secure development methodologies that will withstand close scrutiny. Oh, & did we mention that theres no instruction manual on how to do this?
Were looking for a software engineer who likes a challenge & who wants to have an impact. You will be responsible for designing & building cloud-based security-critical backend systems, tooling, & on-vehicle services. You will collaborate with other teams across L5 & integrate these systems & tools with the rest of L5 infrastructure & on-vehicle software. We at Lyft are intending to produce the most secure vehicle the world has ever seen, so theres lots of possibilities for your work to have impact far beyond Lyft, & out into the rest of the automotive industry.
- Define back-end systems & on-vehicle services that are consistent with L5s security architecture vision & enable us to meet our security objectives
- Work with stake-holders within L5 as well as across the industry to gather & define the precise engineering requirements for these systems & services
- Design, build, & deploy these systems & services, & integrate them into broader L5 framework
- Champion L5s security vision across the industry & influence the industry towards an overall better security posture
- 5+ years of hands-on experience programming in multiple languages, ideally C/C++, Python, Bash, SQL
- Strong background in microservices-based architecture
- Strong Cloud skills (ideally AWS)
- Experience architecting & developing security/safety-critical software is a plus
- Experience with several development methodologies, including SDL & Agile
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.