Founded in 2017, Unqork is the industry pioneer enterprise no-code application platform that helps large companies build, deploy, & manage complex applications without writing a single line of code.
Organizations including Liberty Mutual, Goldman Sachs, New York City, & Maimonides Medical Center are using Unqorks drag-and-drop interface to build enterprise applications faster, with higher quality, & lower costs than conventional approaches. In October 2020, Unqork Announced $207 Million in Series C Funding, raising company valuation to $2 Billion.
As a Lead Engineer, Platform Control Plane, you will be creating an events driven autonomous system, the Platform Control Plane (PCP), with the goal of centrally managing all facets of the hundreds of deployments of our core platform. You will be working alongside various engineering departments, Infrastructure, SRE, Core Platform, as well as departments on the business side, Production Support, Solutions Architecture & various others. This internal platform will act as an abstraction layer & interface between the various clouds we operate on, services we utilize & our application platform itself. You will be responsible for creating the automation architecture that allows Unqork to scale to 1000+ clients.
- Serve on a team of technical architects & developers building new automation uses cases for the control plane & the control plane itself
- Work with other engineering teams & key stakeholders in the technology organization with the goal of reducing developer pain points
- Partner with Solutions Architecture & Production Support teams to create the unifying interface for the Unqork internal deployment platform (the PCP)
- Immerse yourself in Unqork technological ecosystem, maintaining a deep understanding of the internal organization facing & the external customer facing platforms
- Have the work you are doing directly impact the operational overhead of your coworkers
Who you are:
- You are resourceful, open-minded & enjoy solving complicated problems
- You pay attention to the details, but can just as easily distill the concepts into the bigger picture
- You have experience designing & executing your vision to completion
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, are diligent & self-motivated
- You have an eagerness to learn & excel in a fast-paced environment
What were looking for:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Advanced Experience with programming languages such as Python, NodeJS, Go
- Experience building, owning & operating your own codebases/services. We are a small, nimble team that practices DevOps culture & expects that each member of the team can be self-sufficient
- Deep experience architecting distributed services within cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Ability to debug, optimize code, & automate routine tasks.
- Docker & Kubernetes Administration Experience
- Serverless computing experience, AWS Lambda
- Experience provisioning infrastructure via Terraform
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Salt. Ansible Tower or AWX is a plus
- Apache Kafka, SNS, Redis PubSub, etc.
- MongoDB experience preferred, fluent in multiple DBMSes
- Bash Scripting
- Technology startup experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
Core Role Criteria:
- Computer Networking
- Event-Driven & Microservice Architectures
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, & proud to be committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.