The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are looking for experienced & passionate infrastructure engineers to help in ensuring that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, & that all of the features work. We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our features that are backed by a fleet of microservices, with the infrastructure teams to grow our current data centers & build new ones, with the data teams to tackle challenging big data issues, & the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities & protect our product, infrastructure & networks.
This position will report to the engineering manager.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- You will build software & systems to manage & monitor the network (common languages are Python & Go)
- You will keep production network running with an emphasis on scalable automation & telemetry
- You will participate in on-call rotation
- Advanced knowledge of core protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTP/2, TLS, QUIC)
- Systems-level programming experience, especially in C, Rust
- Both high & low level understanding of Linux/UNIX systems, especially advanced Linux networking concepts such as routing, iptables, netlink, eBPF, XDP, and/or kernel bypass technologies
- Strong knowledge of Networking & Routing
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.