A lot of companies say theyre mission-driven. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, & welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors & collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff designs, builds, & distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users & alerts them of risks.
We are currently hiring for a Director of Product Marketing. Reporting to the head of our GTM team, you will lead our small but influential Product Marketing team. This is a critical leadership role that will help drive affection for & usage of our products through thought-provoking, inspirational stories & marketing programs.
Youll coach your team to build deep, collaborative partnerships with our Product teams & build a bridge between product strategy & marketing strategy. And youll bring ideas about how we can turn product proof points into meaninging marketing content that drives new user adoption.
You & team will be constantly pitching new ideas & then leading cross-functional project teams that will turn those ideas into shippable marketing each & every week.
A leader & truth-teller who can synthesize complex conversations & bring them back to first principles. But youre equally high on an EQ scale; you listen & understand your audience in order to influence them. You can hold a room & maintain poise in an executive setting. Youre not bound to the confines of a job description & know that you may play many roles in getting our stories out to prospective customers. You understand what a true marketing strategy is & have demonstrated time & again your ability to build them.
- Hire & develop a best-in-class product marketing team to drive impact across the consumer product portfolio; laying out a vision & scaling the function
- Define a consumer marketing strategies to encourage adoption of new products like the Mozilla VPN or Mozilla Hubs
- Partner with research & data teams to build & act on customer segmentation; defining new opportunities to grow features
- Build a trusted partnership with product & business leaders to influence the product roadmap to deliver on customer needs through new features & products
- Lead your team & drive campaigns that contribute direct bottom line impact on revenue & usage
Your Professional Profile:
- 8+ years of professional experience in marketing in a B2C corporate or startup environment
- 2+ years of leadership experience: hiring, managing & developing talent
- Can demonstrate driving successful go-to-market plans that drive product adoption
- Can speak the language of product teams & marketing team with equal fluency
- Regularly lead cross-functional teams where your influence is indirect
- Excellent communication skills
- Truly gifted storyteller
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.