As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa 1L Diversity Internship program is designed to enhance the legal careers of first year law students with diverse backgrounds. The program gives qualified candidates the opportunity to enhance their legal education, establish meaningful contacts, improve the quality of their work product through comprehensive feedback, & aspire to a rewarding career in the law.
This position, based in Visa'sNew York office,is a summer internship for law students interested in learning more about working in a corporate legal department. Under supervision of department attorneys, the intern will receive a variety of work assignments in multiple practice areas, which may include: litigation, employment, data use & privacy, marketing, trademark, & more. The intern will also learn first-hand about Visa business operations & interact with the Legal Department's business clients.
As a Legal Intern, you will have the chance to:
- Participate in Executive Speaker Series led by Senior Leadership
- Deliver an end of summer presentation to senior members of the Legal team
- Attend fun social events with fellow interns
- Shadow members of Visa's Legal Department
- Complete projects in a variety of practice areas under supervision of Visa attorneys
- Good standing as a first-year law student at an ABA accredited law school.
- An interest in the in-house legal environment
- Demonstrated academic excellence & leadership ability, personal & professional accomplishments, commitment to community service or meaningful contribution to the diversity of the legal community
- Excellent written & oral communication & legal research skills
- Strategic thinking & thought leadership
- Proven ability to translate ideas into action
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills
- Attention to detail
- An innovative, creative, & entrepreneurial spirit thatwelcomes change & challenge
- Motivated, focused, driven; embraces a global mindset
- This position does not require travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines, San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance,and other applicable local law.