At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks.Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
The Cloudflare Customer Support Team solves complicated problems & answers technical questions via phone, email, chat & social media. Whether it is a Wordpress blogger using our services for free or a global Enterprise business with petabytes of web traffic, we are always eager to assist. We are the eyes & ears of Cloudflare, acting as the real-time voice of the customer to help communicate their needs & real-world use cases back to the rest of the company - for better service & future product development.
What Youll do
The Cloudflare Customer Support Manager for APAC is responsible for delivering a world-class support experience to our customers. This role will report to the Head of Support & work closely with all members of Cloudflare's Support team. As an experienced support leader, you will set strategy, establish priorities, hire & mentor a group of top technical talent, & implement unparalleled support systems & processes to develop a world-class global support team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & hands-on customer support & service leader who can rapidly learn the Cloudflare value proposition & work with customers of all sizes to make them successful on our service. In this role you will work with a broad spectrum of Cloudflare teams, from Sales, Marketing, & Customer Success to Product & Engineering, to ensure a smooth customer experience.
You will oversee the support office in Singapore providing strong leadership & a strategic vision to Support Team Leads & engineers. With you in place, we are able to provide 24x7 Follow-the-Sun Support by coordinating with counterparts in EMEA & North America. Youll recruit & train in the use of industry best practices, established methodologies & documented procedures, all to develop a superior team. As the manager, you will continually review operational performance to determine opportunities for improvement.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Defining, tracking & reporting on key performance indicators to determine support effectiveness & efficiency. Create & present key support metrics to share with the company & executive team, & highlight any points of concern or areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with the Product & Engineering teams to resolve complex technical issues, document product bugs & influence our product roadmap.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering, Customer Support & Sales on technical issues affecting our customers.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 4+ years of customer support management experience, preferably in Asia
- Extensive experience managing a global support team
- Experience managing steady team growth, hiring, & training
- Exhibits condence & an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving technical & business problems.
- Communicates with internal & external customers & all levels of management.
- Eectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction & deepen customer relationships.
- Manages customer expectations eectively.
- Experience in fostering broad usage of support forums & knowledge repositories.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging & crisis management.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.