Do you love building intuitive UX & maintainable applications? Have strong opinions about clean URLs & dirty objects in validation libraries? We want to talk to you!
Beeswax is an easy to use, massive scale & high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. Were well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE & Foundry Group, & are rapidly expanding our customer list & our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising platform in the world & process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon & Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. We take pride in our mission to build great advertising software.
Our tech stack is constantly evolving to meet the challenges of the massive scale of transactions on which we operate. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs & carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant & thoughtfully designed interfaces to make the systems accessible to both our team & our customers.
As our newest Senior Web Engineer you will:
- Work on a JS application built on top of the API that our customers use to configure our systems
- Drive major architectural changes as we scale to improve our engineering velocity (we're moving from Backbone to React)
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers & data scientists to evolve these services to provide new experiences for our customers as well as meet our ever-growing scale
- Guide & mentor other engineers on architecture & process
- Do fun tasks like reviewing code, writing design docs & closing JIRA tickets
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years of web engineering experience at strong software companies
- Experience building JS applications in more than one well known framework
- Comfort with & an understanding of relational databases (we use Amazon Aurora MySQL)
- A solid understanding of modern operational processes & concerns for web applications (deployment, provisioning, monitoring)
- A strong grasp of software architecture (from classes or self-learning)
- An appreciation (or tolerance of) bee puns
- An ability to think about & tackle problems analytically
Successful engineers at Beeswax have:
- An ethic of service & a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology & a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains
- An openness to feedback & more than just the spelling skills to know that theres no I in Team
- An appreciation of repeatability, resilience, observability, & operational simplicity