Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development.
Fastlys customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travellers can book flights seamlessly & embark on their next great adventure, & sports fans can stream events in real-time, across devices. They include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, & Ticketmaster.
Were building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Solutions Architect - Edge Cloud Security
The Fastly Team is looking for a unique Security Solutions Engineer. Fastlys team is the connecting fabric between Product, Sales, & Client Services organizations. Fastlys Security Solutions Engineer will have the opportunity to guide customers over their entire life-cycle from sales, implementation & expert level support to ensure customer success on the Fastly Platform.
What You'll Do
- Support the Fastly Sales engagements where security requirements exist
- Bring technical expertise in security problems that web properties face & work independently & dynamically to create solutions that solve those problems for customers
- Implement & manage WAF deployment for the local customer base to ensure minimal false positives & maximum available protection for our customers Web Applications
- Build test configurations to demonstrate new products & features to individuals & groups
- Provide support to internal & external customers for products
- Train our internal & external customers on new products & features
- Contribute to documentation & articles for general customer education on security best practices & using the Fastly Platform to protect customer assets
- Attend appropriate stakeholder meetings & standups, gather & present feedback to various stakeholders
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of broad solution experience with the CDN, cloud, or managed service provider
- 3+ years experience with HTTP request/response protocols & related troubleshooting tools & techniques (curl, dig, tcpdump, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a variety of business & technical contacts including mid level managers
- Proven background in security models, solutions, & products
- Expert knowledge of DNS, routing, caching, WAF, DDoS, TLS, security service management
- Expert knowledge of internet protocols, website optimization & acceleration
- Referenceable communication & documentation experience
- Fundamental knowledge of information security standards, policies, controls, & regulations.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written communication skills & experience, including writing technical documentation
- Comfort with networking equipment & protocols as well as Linux systems are essential
- Excellent collaboration skills with cross-functional organizations
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise software technology
- Superior listening skills, can swiftly identify complex problem relationships through listening & discovery directly with internal & external customers
- Open & receptive to new ideas & ways of doing things
What you might have
- Proficiency in written & verbal communication, in Spanish
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.