When we started in 2012, we set out to reinvent men's basics with underwear & socks as our starting point. Today, we are a full-fledged menswear brand that powers radically-efficient wardrobing. Rooted in smart design & performance fabrics, our products are engineered to work together through our pioneering Daily Wear System.
As we continue to expand our product offering & distribution beyond e-commerce, we are looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join our rapidly growing team. If that sounds like you keep reading.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, PR & Communications who will be responsible for executing proactive & reactive media relations, elevate industry leadership, & work to protect & enhance the reputation of Mack Weldon. Working closely with the CMO & leadership team, you will drive company news & announcements, issues management, & corporate media relations, including the development of PR materials & cultivation of relationships with key business & industry press.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Lead Communications at Mack Weldonoverseeing strategy, earned media, executive visibility, & thought leadership.
- Create long-term Communications strategies that build brand awareness, consideration, advocacy, & reputation.
- Develop stories, pitch reporters, & secure impactful earned media coverage across consumer lifestyle, business, & trade verticals.
- Build Mack Weldon & our internal experts as thought leaders with a proactive approach to speaking engagements, awards, & expert commentary.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create & execute integrated strategies around product launches, campaigns, partnerships, evergreen opportunities, & cultural moments.
- Write press materials & develop messaging points that clearly communicate Mack Weldons competitive differentiation & market position.
- Develop & maintain a network of media contacts & content creators.
- Coordinate media opportunities including: interviews, sampling, mailers, & more.
- Oversee tracking of coverage, performance, spend, & ROI.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 8-10 years of experience with a background in PR (agency or in-house)
- Experience in apparel/retail DTC is a plus
- Prior public relations experience, preferably in corporate communications
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand business challenges & recommend effective implementation plans designed to drive results.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, with a proven track record of developing & delivering multi-channel communications
- Demonstrated ability to shift priorities & multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively when solving problems, & when implementing and/or revising processes.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in our NYC office 3 days a week
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- Its all about the people. To us, diversity is a strength. We check our egos at the door & value all backgrounds & experiences. From our employees to our customers to our partnerswe build relationships that last.
- We give a s**t. Every detail matters. We research, we test, we adjust. We take pride in everything we do by being thoughtful in our decision making & design process.
- We put our money where our mouth is. We work with ethical & humane partners, we act with integrity & trust, & we take ownership of our actions & mistakes.
- We build for the future. First, we listen; then we think, plan, & act for the long-term. We see problems as opportunities & take calculated risks to build a company that lasts.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Hybrid office model (in office M/T/Th)
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear