This is a critical & exciting time at Enigma. We are hearing from repeated customers that our product is creating tremendous value for them & is aligned perfectly with their needs. This creates a need to expand our API & data delivery capabilities to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our API & Data Delivery team. You will play a central role in designing & developing the systems that our customers use to engage with our product.
As a Software Engineer on our API & Data Delivery team, you will build a product that allows customers to scalably integrate our rich insights into their processes. You will have an opportunity to work on multiple technologies on the AWS stack, elastic search & Spark. Your impact will be measured by your technical contributions to our API & data delivery systems.
Were looking for someone who:
- Thrives on a collaborative, supportive cross-functional team of software engineers, product managers & data scientists
- Excels in multiple aspects of engineering including design decisions & hands-on implementation
- Engineers best-in-class model-driven systems for searching & matching data at scale (we use Elastic)
- Builds robust distributed data pipelines to customize our data asset & securely deliver it to customers (we use PySpark)
- Designs & builds concise APIs using containers, cloud infrastructure & infrastructure as code (teams use Docker, AWS & Terraform to manage their own infrastructure)
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested software (we use Python)
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge: you will use a broad range of technologies to build scalable customer-facing systems with low costs of ownership for a rapidly evolving product
- Impact: your systems design & software development talent will have a direct impact on our customers & the success of our product
- Growth: you will have responsibility for solving challenging technical problems on our most critical systems with guidance & mentorship from an experienced & supportive team
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-functional partners (product managers, data scientists, other engineers) to set clear expectations & solve common problems.
- Is driven by solving difficult engineering challenges & developing their software development craftsmanship
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience engineering SaaS data products or scalable data pipelines
At Enigma, were building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public & third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow & thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through datatogether. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.