Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to help guide the direction of the future of our platform. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
The Design Platform team creates & implements the Squarespace design system. We're the connective thread that enables product teams to rapidly design & build a consistent user experience & interface across our platform by providing: components, frameworks, documentation, & tooling.
You'll work with the wider Product Design team to refine the Squarespace design language, & evolve the future of our products. You're familiar & comfortable with the challenges of working with design systems, & inspire quality & craft across our platform.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager, Design Platform.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Guide the evolution of Squarespace's visual language & user experience
- Design interaction patterns through components, documentation, & prototypes
- Work with developers to maintain & create new components for our library
- Manage stakeholders & participate in driving & defining project scope & deliverables
- Collaborate with Engineering, Content Strategy, User Research & Product Management teams
- Directly partner & support Squarespace product designers in using the design system
- Communicate & report organizational insights & developments with the Design Platform team
- Promote adoption of the design system across the organization
- Think holistically about the user experience & product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Participate in user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Create work that scales & flexes across a variety of global audiences, abilities, devices, & platforms
- Specify & maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, & interaction models
- Promote consistency & coherence across our design system, & identify areas for improvements
- 4+ years of Product Design experience with user experience & visual design
- Experience designing with a systematic approach for consumer-facing digital products
- Accuracy & obsessive attention to details, & fundamentals
- Highly collaborative & communicative
- Ability to articulate & create clarity from ambiguity
- Autonomous, self-starter that takes ownership & drives work forward
- Thoughtful about inclusive design & accessibility
- Experience participating in or facilitating user testing & research
- Understands impact of design decisions & how to create meaningful product value
- Developed presentation skills with the ability to tailor your context to the audience
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems. Our Product Design team is made up of designers from a variety of backgrounds & we value the diverse perspective this brings; therefore, we do not require a certain degree (Bachelor's, Master's) to be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.