CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, & face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team as we change the way we pay & make wallets a thing of the past! You will be working with a team of passionate engineers on the design, development, testing, & evolution of a core set of back-end microservices related to CLEARs payments products. You will be building upon our next-generation event-driven systems & infrastructure to bring CLEARs identity platform to the world of commerce.
This is a high-visibility role that provides many opportunities to directly impact the direction of CLEAR.
What You Will Do:
- Strong ownership of deliverables
- Work closely with team leads to ensure that applications comply with platform-specific business rules
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to ensure that all services are reliable, maintainable, & well-integrated into the CLEAR ecosystem
- Adhere to best practices for testing & designing reusable code
- Gain domain expertise in the payments space
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of core Java experience, preferably in roles related to subscriptions, payments, ecommerce, FinTech or similar
- Knowledge of & experience with Agile software development methodology
- Excited about working with technologies like: Java, Kafka, DropWizard, Microservices, PostgreSQL, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Possess exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests & recommend alternative technical & business approaches
- Payments related knowledge & technologies such as tokenization, PCI, & accounting practices a plus