We describe ourselves as the most contemporary global creative & media agency. Were independent, born in social back in 2009; we come from New York & our founder Gary Vaynerchuk (known by his fans as GaryVee) & we have grown locally & authentically across the world. We are digital first, were creative & media - were all the things that the advertising industry isnt. We have gone to the roots of where consumer attention is, building business transformation, building culturally & contextually relevant creative & distributing it via the modern comms plan. We believe through & through that brand is built in social & that if brands listen to consumers, see their real time behaviour, know culture & platforms better than anyone, then we will build the most effective brands in the world. We are social through & through but we think big - our work scales to big ideas (we made 3 Superbowl ads this year).
VaynerMedia - & VaynerX (our version of a modern holding co) is growing at a crazy rate. New York is the mothership, & we have offices in London, APAC (Singapore, Bangkok, Australia, Tokyo), LATAM (Mexico City) & LA. We have just been awarded AdWeeks Breakthrough Media Agency of the Year & were #5 in AdAges A List (up from Agency to Watch last year. Our first Campaign School Report for EMEA described us as the cool exchange student forming roots which we love a lot as it gets to the heart of what we are trying to do.
VaynerMedia in EMEA is flying. We are 130+ strong & doubled in headcount during the pandemic. Our clients include TikTok (social AOR, run out of London), Durex, Tinder, Kraft Heinz, WeWork, Indeed, among others. Weve been running multiple local market campaigns - integrated media & creative, creative only, media only - across NL, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & there are more on the cards, which is why we are growing our presence in Amsterdam.
VaynerMedia Amsterdam is opening shortly, primarily to partner the many EU clients we have. We love Amsterdam - its an incredibly creative, innovative & exciting market. It has diverse talent representing many different countries & communities. Its the perfect hub for our EU operations. And of course, its a great city. We believe in launching in a market bottom up - with incredible local people who understand & are excited about the Vayner Way shaking things up, & building credibility & fame through our work. Wed love to talk to you to see if this sounds like you
VaynerMedia is a global creative & media agency built for the now. Born in social our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect & create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney & Mexico City. And were not too bad at what we do, with our work winning in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD & The Webbies to name a few.
We have huge ambitions. Weve doubled in size over the last year & broadened both our client list & the kind of work were doing for them. Our roots are in social & we love it - its where we get to understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight & to see how people really engage & respond to ideas.
We are creative & media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. A lot of our work in-house (with our own production, edit & motion teams) because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
We have an incredible client list across the UK, EMEA & Globally. Our ideas live & breathe in organic & paid social but also fully integrated campaigns including TVCs, radio, press, OOH (you name it were there). Our difference? We learn fast - from what we see & how our audiences really act, alongside cultural cues to create our integrated campaigns.
Infused with the DNA of our founder, we pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit. Being an independent agency affords us the freedom to be bold & stray from convention. It also allows us to pivot quickly, which is key to succeeding in an ever-changing market. The same way Gary was one of the early YouTube influencers, VaynerMedia has been the forerunner in many opportunities, serving as alpha/beta launch partners with platforms from Facebook & YouTube to TikTok & Snapchat.
But ultimately we are people. We are skills first rather than where you studied & who you know. Were here to change advertising so we thrive on free-thinkers with big ambitions.
Sound like you?
Were looking for an energetic, driven & personable Media Manager to oversee & ensure the execution of media plans run smoothly from inception to completion, & line up with client goals & expectations. The Media Manager will lead day-to-day communications with the client ensuring they are constantly updated with campaign performance & provide strategic & innovative direction to their clients strengthening client relationships. As the Media Manager, you will be responsible for planning, optimising & reporting campaigns to meet & surpass the clients success metrics. In addition, the Media Manager will support the collaboration between departmental teams acting as a key driving force in planning ideation, media-execution, & media-led creative. This is a chance to work on world-famous brands at a world-famous agency. For the right person, this is the dream job!
The task at hand:
- Monitor campaigns for performance along with a team of Media Analysts & Senior Media Analysts, ensuring campaigns are pacing accordingly, managing spend, troubleshooting campaigns, creating insights about performance, making updates accordingly & flagging potential issues to management.
- Create & present sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights & QA reporting.
- Develop & deliver client-facing campaign reports to showcase performance, new business opportunities, & storytelling: pacing reports, campaign build, ad-hoc analysis, & high-touch optimizations to ensure relevant metrics & insights are highlighted.
- Manage up to senior leadership corresponding to the most crucial aspects of a client's business, keeping them abreast of any pertinent developments & urgent client needs.
- Manage ad technology vendors needed to execute specific campaign work.
- Collaborate across disciplines to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Someone comfortable managing timelines & projects internally & externally, including task management as needed (i.e. 'owning' a Trello board, weekly tasks, google sheets, etc)
- People management experience, ideally managing 2-3 analysts who would be responsible for trafficking, QA'ing & optimising digital media, providing leadership, mentorship, vision & technical expertise
- Someone who builds positive relationships with internal & external teams
- Someone that lives for todays digital consumer & constantly seeks out innovative partners/platforms to identify new opportunities
- An individual who demonstrates the ability to navigate a portfolio of brands & can gain an understanding of their unique company architectures, to build & strengthen relationships with essential stakeholders
- A person that is well versed in media who can utilize resources to help guide the clients marketing goals in their respective markets (syndicated, proprietary, analyst data)
- An organized & efficient individual who enjoys working to implement systems to maximize personal work output, accountability, efficiency & consistency
- A driven individual who always wants to learn & educates others on their learnings
- 3-4 years media agency experience as a Media Manager with prior entrepreneurial street cred and/or BA/BS degree (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance)
Experience leading & managing teams or an individual
Advanced skills in Excel including pivot tables, V-Look Ups, & macros
Should be comfortable with a least two of the following areas/platforms:
- Ad trafficking/tagging/DCM
- Google stack
- FB stack
- one or multiple DSP platforms
- LinkedIn or other stack
- An empathetic, patient & collaborative spirit that fosters a positive day-to-day experience for their teammates.
You live for todays digital & mobile consumer, driven, & hungry to succeed & always looking to learn more.
has the ability to lead by example in terms of attention to detail, general work ethic, empathy & internal/external professionalism.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year & a half has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Amsterdam.