Away is seeking a Production Manager to strategize & execute the day-to-day production processes for our Luggage category. This key contributor is accountable for seamless execution of the demand fulfillment portion of the Supply Chain from PO placement to delivery of products to our warehouse network, which includes but not limited to production planning, component procurement, inventory management, capacity planning, & new launch execution. The Production Manager is a strategic thinker & self-starter who will iterate on processes, proactively create new ones, & independently solve complex production challenges. The Production Manager manages multiple supplier relationships & will lead continuous improvement initiatives. Works cross functionally with internal & external teams, & will be the business owner for cross-functional projects. The ideal candidate will have had 4-6 years of professional relevant work experience. This position will report to the Production Director based out of our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the end-to-end planning & supply chain operations for our luggage category, including PO placement, MRP (Materials Requirement Planning), inventory management, master-data & BOM maintenance, capacity planning.
- Develop & maintain production schedules with our suppliers to ensure on time delivery of products to the port. Problem solve any production challenges & act as a liaison between our suppliers, freight providers, & transportation team.
- Partner with Planning to understand the demand forecast & create supply/production plans to ensure capacity & availability of materials. Identify & problem solve roadblocks.
- Identify & execute on ways to increase productivity & cost efficiencies across all product lines, including ownership of product costs & margins at the production level.
- Establish systemic supplier scorecards & KPIs to ensure supply chain accountability.
- Be a key stakeholder in the implementation of an ERP system, owning PO placement & production milestones, to ensure accurate accounting of inventory while identifying ways to improve these processes.
- Collaborate & influence cross functionally with Product Development, Product Marketing, Planning, & Transportation to ensure cohesive production timelines for both new product launches & existing core assortment. Make recommendations to improve these processes.
- Be a creative problem solver who proactively identifies roadblocks & takes initiative to resolve.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Logistics, Operations Planning, Engineering or related fields preferred
- 4-6 years professional experience in a Supply Chain Production/Operations management
- Strong proficiency with Excel and/or Googlesheets with experience in advanced formulas (index/match, v/h lookups, pivot tables, charts, etc.). VBA experience is a plus
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining an ERP system such as SAP or Netsuite is preferred
- A strong written/oral communicator
- Thrives in a very fast paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking & prioritization
- Self-starter with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Analytical problem solver
- APICS certification or progress towards certification is a major plus
- Love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!