As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What a Sr. Director - Head of Small & Medium Enterprises (SME) - Asia Pacific does at Visa:
Visa is looking for an experienced & passionate subject matter expert to join our Business Solutions team in Singapore, who will be responsible for the product strategy, solution ideation, development, delivery & enablement of products & services in the Asia Pacific market for Small & Medium Enterprises (SME).
You will be involved in leading the execution of our business solutions strategy & working with the local leadership team, regional & global teams in delivering the plan for the business in AP.
A natural collaborator you will be a senior leader on the AP Business Solutions Team as well as the Global SME Management Team, developing a network of key stakeholder touchpoints including in-market Business Development Teams, Country Managers, Product & Solutions Hub team members, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Partnerships, Finance & Merchant Teams.
In addition you will be responsible for leading market development teams & activities to drive adoption & expansion of Visa Business Solutions, new partnerships & new revenue pool for respective cluster of IPVM (Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar) derived from SME, Corporate & B2B payments.
Managing a team of Business Solutions experts the portfolio under management of all B2B payment programs including corporate, purchasing & small business card programs & related ancillary services. The individual will play a key role in building the strategy & executing against it with the cross-functional management teams of the cluster. Aligned to country plans, the individual will lead a team responsible for delivering on Business Solutions portfolio growth defined in the country scorecards. The focus is on expanding Core payment flows, identifying & capturing new payment flows (lending, digital, non-card solutions).
This role would ideally suit someone who enjoys new opportunities & working in an innovative & invigorating environment, which offers an immense growth potential for SME business plus the unique ability to manage a geographically based business unit in a rapidly expanding market.
- Curate & deliver on the SME Product Strategy within AP plus delivering the IPVM Business Solutions Strategy
- Responsible for formulating & executing on Business Solutions go-to-market approaches across the range of business solutions Visa offers in sync with Regional & Global objectives.
- Develop & own product expertise in SME & act as a subject matter expert to external & internal stakeholders.
- Develop & own product expertise for the Visa Business Solutions market in IPVM.
- Understanding & exposure to the market challenges within the IPVM geography
- Ownership of the SME & IPVM VBS P&L through exceptional management of budget, Payment Volume, net revenues & market share.
- Act as a thought leader & represent Visa in various industry conferences, public settings, & formal speaking engagements to drive advocacy efforts.
- Manage a product solutions team that support the enablement of in-market Visa Business solutions resources to grow & fortify the SME segment.
- Execute short & long-term business planning, including the ongoing design & implementation of product enhancements supported by the Global Product & Platform organizations as well as other Visa Teams.
- Solve for clients' & small businesses' needs, develop a strategic SME product road map, & manage a team to execute. This includes product development, implementation, & marketing, to bring products & services to market.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Analytics, Global Technology, Global Information Security & Finance, to deliver product, platform, & analytic capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with products, brand & risk management standards.
- Set joint objectives & support performance targets for the function based on a strategic plan built with the Head of Business Solutions, Asia Pacific & Senior Director Product Solutions, IPVM.
- Analyze business opportunities along with country teams to increase volume & share implementing both short & long term strategies & tactics to increase revenue & profitability
- Help implement SME Business Solutions with issuers that improve the customer experience; increase revenue generation; & enhance mutual profitability
- Support sales enablement activities in IPVM market to drive adoption & ongoing usage of Visa's suite of Business Products - including SME, Corporate & B2B solutions.
- Leverage appropriate Visa assets & product management resources to deliver exceptional business value
- In partnership with Regional & Global Business Solutions, Product, Merchant Sales, Client Support & marketing teams resources, contribute to developing market specific business plans through the provision of appropriate market intelligence & to take responsibility for the implementation of those plans
- Interpret & assess available MIS to identify opportunities for portfolio growth & innovation
- Serve as a key spokesperson & voice for SME Business Solutions
- Be a role model in everything that you do & a champion of Visa's leadership principles
Why this is important to Visa
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses & economies to thrive. We are able to do this through our global network that connects all the participants.
VBS is a key business segment, which has a strong growth potential. This business rests on growing the penetration in the business segment; drawing in potential clients into the network & helping issuers address critical market demands of payments.
We not only support card based payments, but as a payment service provider are moving towards serving the needs of the business segment for non-card based payments as well, & providing other value added service.
We are committed towards building a viable & committed payment ecosystem of payments worldwide.
SME payments are among the fastest growing payment sectors, & you will lead, identify & deliver against current & future client & customer needs, sharing best practices & evolving the product strategy & roadmap.
What you will need:
- 10-15 years' experience in product management and/or launching new products
- Have worked in top-tier financial institutions, consulting firm, payments network or financial services firm where you have developed strategies, led business development teams with individual goals & implemented the plan.
- Proven record of accomplishment of success & P&L Management. Small Business segment experience preferred
- The ability to translate analytics, research, & client/consumer needs into actionable plans & deliverables.
- Extensive industry & functional expertise, including product management, software development, contract negotiations, marketing & sales.
- Outstanding experience in strategy development & execution
- Exceptional leadership, influencing skills, stakeholder management & business acumen - think strategically to influence & drive tactical execution & prioritization.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to negotiate & influence key stakeholders at all levels both internally & externally to Visa & be an ambassador for SME.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders & create project teams to assist in execution & implementation of new products or services (Marketing, Sales, Operation, internal/external stakeholders)
- A passion & energy for people management & people development
What will also help:
- Solid understanding of the payment industry & domestic & cross border payment flows
- Knowledge of new developments in the payments industry, challenges therein, industry participants, regulatory changes, key market participants & have a view of the future of the payments ecosystem
You will be a part of:
- Regional VBS Leadership team
- A team driving B2B payments for domestic & international flows
- A growing payments ecosystem that offer both card based & non-card based solutions
- Creating new payment experiences & flows
- Working with Visa teams in other parts of the world