Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud & delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, & maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, & built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform & integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, & identity management systems.
Enterprises using Okta today include Activision, Allergan, BMC Software, Groupon, Informatica, LinkedIn, Purolator & SAP. The hundreds of enterprises, thousands of cloud application vendors & millions of people using Oktas identity management service form the foundation for the industrys fastest growing, vendor neutral Enterprise Identity Network. Oktas Enterprise Identity Network seamlessly & securely connects organizations, applications, & people, anywhere, anytime, from any device.
The Okta team has built & deployed many of the worlds leading on-demand & enterprise software solutions from companies including Salesforce.com, PeopleSoft, Microsoft, BMC, Arcsight, Sun, & HP. Okta is backed by premiere venture investors Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures & Sequoia Capital.
In this role, you will be tasked with providing hands-on implementation & deployment services to our customers. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic & hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Okta platform, our technology & the value proposition that we bring to customers of all sizes. You will lead multiple concurrent customer deployment projects with the number one goal to ensure long-term customer success. Additionally you will collaborate with the full Customer Success team in order to assure a smooth transition post-deployment to the support/maintenance phase. Finally, you will also responsible for the continuous improvement of delivery processes & methods. This role will report to Director of Professional Services.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work hands on with Okta customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting & deployment services.
- Specific Emphasis on Development Centered Skills
- Gather, analyze, & document post-sales requirements.
- Communicate to customers & partners aspects of both the Okta service & deployment at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation.
- Be proactive in providing outstanding design & deployment services resulting in outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Be prompt & provide high quality service & leadership to align with customer goals & requests.
- Manage project scope, schedule, status, & documentation.
- Mentor & train customers on the Okta service.
- Act as a liaison between Customers & Product Management to drive product development.
- Lead interaction & collaboration with other Okta teams such as Engineering & Support as needed to address escalated issues.
- Interact with all levels of management & roles within the customer organization & Okta.
- Collaborate with the sales team on existing customers up-sell & cross-sell opportunities.
- Perform hands on design, configuration, & troubleshooting of the Okta service.
- Shape & Influence Oktas growth & scalability, by designing new offerings, & finding new ways to deliver amazing customer satisfaction
- Manage multiple concurrent deployment projects.
- May provide mentoring, guidance, & expertise to less experienced team members.
- Ensure quality & time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking).
- Contribute to & use knowledge repository of deployment best practices & other customer ideas which can continually
- Enhance the Okta platform & repeatability of service delivery.
- Provide Development & Integration Assistance with the Okta REST API as well as On-Premise Connector Development work.
- 5+ experience designing & implementing security & identity solutions to support mission critical & business programs.
- Specific Emphasis on Development Centered Skills
- Some experience with technologies & protocols to support identity federation & robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID).
- Some knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security & cutting-edge infrastructures.
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively supporting the development of client deliverables.
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape.
- Some knowledge & experience in Identity & Access Management (IAM) & Security space preferred.
- AD & LDAP experience is preferred.
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday preferred.
- 2+ years of SaaS deployment experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of application programming experience is strongly preferred.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Multi-tasking ability is a must.
- Comfortable & willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging & crisis management.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information & Developing Standards.
- Language flexibility including PHP, Java, Ruby, .Net, web programming skills including REST/JSON, teamwork, verbal communication, web user interface design, software requirements, software development process, object-oriented design (OOD), software testing & debugging
- Exhibits confidence & an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices & customer mindsets.
- Communicates with internal & external customers & all levels of management.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Team & Customer Interaction
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs & evaluate alternative technical solutions with customers.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction & deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.