Experience: 5+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management for public & commercial sector organizations across the globe.
Weve grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices & raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
Youre a full stack engineer who has a research background or has worked with scientists to run experiments, implement front-end near production quality prototypes, implement & improve state-of-the art algorithms, & explore large data sets. You are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI & are a passionate builder of solutions that directly contribute to products. You want to advance the state of the art by working closely with scientists to implement novel approaches, & have the skillset to develop engineering solutions to solve real problems in production, at scale.
- Develop production quality prototypes & demos; iterating quickly while making savvy choices to ensure that approaches chosen from the literature or developed in-house can scale & are implemented for optimal performance.
- Work directly on all aspects of science problems with other group members: from inception (brainstorming & scientific literature review), to data exploration & implementation of methods created in-house & described in research papers, to productionizing research prototypes.
- Work as a liaison between the AI Group & engineering teams across the company in defining the right production delivery channels & processes for state-of-the-art algorithms & models (via APIs, libraries, etc.).
- Work with the team in solving specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: NLP, Information Retrieval, Complex Networks, Recommender Systems, Computer Vision, Machine/Deep Learning, etc..
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing & new products).
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice & have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- M.S. in Computer science. Ph.D. studies in any field a plus
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong design sense & skills to build visually appealing prototypes that also follow good user interaction guidelines & integrate well with existing & new workflows.
- Familiarity with machine learning & deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Experience working with scientists, reading technical research papers, & implementing state-of-the-art methods in production.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards torace, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.