ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton mechanical engineers architect, design, & test hardware systems for Peloton products. This individual will work collaboratively within a highly cross functional team to concept, design, & manufacture the future of fitness. As the team is highly dynamic with an exciting product roadmap, this individual will play a key role in ensuring mechanical design robustness, manufacturability, time to market, & cost goals are all met. Additionally, there will be opportunities for interaction at all levels of the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Own design & development of product subsystems through a Phase Gate style Product Development Process
- Create engineering requirements & documents to meet product requirements
- Write & execute test plans at the design & production phases
- Troubleshoot & solve performance problems during development & in production
- Clearly document & communicate your work to technical leads & managers
- Use data to drive engineering decision making
- Create & manage engineering changes for updates & improvements to existing products
- Collaborate with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality & performance
- Collaborate with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, & operations
- Work with drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition & design controls
THESE MAY DESCRIBE YOU:
- 4-7+ years mechanical design experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in leading engineering teams through New Product Development
- Experience doing development & production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Proficient in one 3D MCAD Package. Solidworks preferred.
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining & casting
- Experience with test & measurement tools
- Great attention to engineering detail
- Ability to articulate & defend engineering decisions as well as being able to present to executive level leadership
- High motivation to teach, learn, & contribute to both product & process development
- Spoken & written English
- Ability to multitask & manage your time wisely
- Positive attitude & high energy!
- Experience in quality management & quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- You will report directly to the Director of Mechanical Engineering (or Sr. Manager)
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Program Management, Product Management, Operations, Quality, Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, & Industrial Design.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.