Innovation, collaboration, & success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. Weve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up & the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other & celebrating our wins together. If youre looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers & business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
The Product Department builds financial products & user experiences that users would rave about. We build external products that our end customer -Small Business Owners use to create financial leverage for their business. We also build internal products that our team members in Marketing, Sales & Operations use to provide services to Small Business Owners. Our job starts with identifying user needs, exploring the feasibility of solutions to those needs, & evaluating the business case viability of the preferred solution. We then work with different departments to build & launch the solution. But our job does not end there, because once we launch a product, we need to continuously monitor & improve it. A good product manager is very user-centered, analytical & technologically savvy. Our product management philosophy centers around test-and-learn, design thinking & agile. Above all, a good product manager is business savvy, & knows what it takes to win in the market.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Management, your best work will result in building out capabilities for our loan servicing platform to unlock ground breaking features & products for Small Business Owners.
As a Senior Product Manager at OnDeck on the Customer Management Team, you will:
- Take a lead role in building OnDecks foundational next generational servicing platform that will turbo charge our ability to roll out new products & experiences.
- Manage & execute on the roadmap for an evolving set of features from inception through roll out maintaining the right balance between customer & company benefits.
- Work closely with technology to see features through end to end; from identifying scope & writing requirements, conducting UAT to releasing features & monitoring impact.
- Drive key decisions on the product construct of OnDecks current & future financial products.
- Drive key decisions on OnDecks customer management ecosystem.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to make data- & end-user-driven decisions around areas of opportunity & how to take advantage of them.
- Work closely with a diverse set of partners across Technology, Risk, Finance, Client Servicing, Legal & other Product Managers.
- Define KPIs to continuously monitor & improve the platform & value it unlocks for the organization.
Qualifications to make it happen:
- 5+ years of Product Management (or similar) experience.
- Strong technical background & demonstrated success collaborating deeply with cross functional technology teams to deliver technology products.
- Experience working in agile development environments.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to build relationships to gain buy in & achieve business results.
- Experience working cross functionally across multiple stakeholders, technologists, data scientists & senior management.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to manage competing priorities.
- Data-driven approach to understanding user behavior & discovering & evaluating product opportunities (Basic SQL & Excel skills to access & analyze data & build business cases).
- Experience working with financial/lending products.
- Experience working with vendors & remote stakeholders/teams.
- Experience working on large technical products & technology migrations.
- Experience working on core banking systems & migrations.
- FinTech experience.
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, weve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, & general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing & thriving enterprise.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, its We Before Me. We support each other & we love seeing people succeed. Thats why we offer a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy & Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave & Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups & Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYCs 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Trees Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018 Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesks Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesks Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesks Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**