OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. Theyre looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (lets call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in todays new era, its all about relationships. More & more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is The World Subscribed where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo & author of the best selling book Subscribed).
As consumers wave goodbye to ownership, join us as we help companies win on their journey to usership!
The Technical Documentation team at Zuora is pivotal in ensuring the success of our customers. Our team of experienced technical writers owns the end-to-end documentation lifecycle for our cloud-based software solution, & were looking for an excellent writer to join us as we expand the team into Chennai. Youre a great fit if you love figuring out how things work, have a passion for technology, & are able to turn complex ideas into simple instructions & conceptual content.
Deliver highly effective product documentation so that our customers, partners, prospects, & internal teams can self-serve when seeking to understand how our products work.
THE OPPORTUNITY (AKA: Why you want this role over any other out there)
This is a wide-ranging role, with fantastic opportunities to shape the way that documentation is produced & delivered. Youll have the opportunity to deeply understand what customers need from your documentation - informed by our product experts & direct customer feedback! Youll also have the autonomy to wield & evolve our documentation processes & tools in the pursuit of excellence.
WHAT YOULL DO & ACHIEVE
- Research, write, & maintain high-quality online documentation
- Become an expert on our products from both a technical & business standpoint
- Work independently & manage your own projects while building relationships across Zuora
- Collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, customer support agents, & other technical writers
- Articulate the documentation needs of our customers, strategic partners, & internal users
- Lead initiatives to enhance the effectiveness & influence of the Technical Documentation team
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 3+ years of technical writing experience. We will also consider related experience
- Excellent spoken & written English. All of our documentation is written in English
- Great project management skills & knowledge of technical writing best practices
- The ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for technology & a desire to learn. You will learn something new every day!
It would be a bonus if you have:
- A strong technical background, such as a degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, billing, payments, or another business function
- Experience using & documenting REST APIs
- Experience using web authoring tools & content management systems
- Experience of UX writing, content strategy, or information architecture
- Experience with the Agile software development process
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR ZEO CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing & revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, & Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered & supported to be the ZEO of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion & belonging into our processes, policies & culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, & APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health & give back to our communities along with career cash & plenty of learning & development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be & do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences & contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, & considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.