About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Head of Business Development/Strategic Partnerships to join the Channel Development team & play a critical role in building future business plans with existing partners, & forging new relationships through strategic discussions & negotiations with key players across multiple industries. The Channel Development team is responsible for executing strategies that enable us to meet our customers where they need us to be. We ideate, test new initiatives, & scale strategies based on findings all with the goal of being omnipresent.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurially-minded self-starter who thrives on solving problems, possesses the desire to learn in a fast-paced environment, & celebrates the wins (big & small). Interested candidates should work well in a flat & fluid organization, & excel at communicating with individuals across a diverse range of disciplines. You will hit the ground running & expect to make a direct & measurable impact on the business from day one, fueled by your passion & experience in the health, wellness, nutrition & healthcare space.
What youll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of Daily Harvests long-term strategy, value proposition & holistic customer journey, & use this to identify & execute strategic opportunities to grow our business
- Stay current with food industry trends, competitors, & insights to identify where Daily Harvests unique value proposition fits into the overall landscape
- Nurture & build relationships with existing prospects & partners, taking the lead on finalizing deals already in the pipeline
- Work highly autonomously to prospect new partners, make strategic connections, develop & execute tailored strategies to drive revenue growth
- Negotiate, close, sign & manage new partnerships
- Partner cross-functionally to identify KPIs, partnership or program measurement & reporting, marketing plans, briefs & creative, etc.
- Establish meticulous systems & processes to ensure operational excellence in our business development function, including detailed tracking, capturing institutional knowledge, & ensuring a premium partner experience in every interaction with Daily Harvest
Who you are:
- 6+ years experience with a proven track record in business development & strategic partnerships
- Experience negotiating contracts & structuring agreements
- Proven ability to develop & maintain effective work relationships, & influence both internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to articulate & present our value proposition to target strategic partners
- Strong research skills & a willingness to roll up your sleeves to learn about prospective partners or our industry
- Experience with prospecting & closing new business & interfacing with senior-level decision makers
- Ability to recognize opportunities that deliver exceptional value & systematically prioritize target partners
- Collaborative leader with excellent communication & presentation skills, including developing compelling, data-driven pitch decks
- Ability to gather & leverage data to develop compelling strategies, then bring a plan to fruition with seamless execution & attention to detail
- A creative problem solver, passionate about building solutions from the ground up to solve real-world problems
- A scrappy team player who is ready to hustle & pitch in wherever necessary, with experience & capability to work in a highly autonomous environment
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly happy hours, + regular DH team (virtual) gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.