Our mission is to connect the worlds photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website & mobile apps to find, share, & get rewarded for the worlds most inspiring photography.
500px is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join the 500px Marketing & Product Operations team. The ideal candidate will have experience with photography, the photography industry, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), & excellent writing skills.
Reporting to the Director, Product Operations & Marketing, they will be responsible for writing & scheduling social posts, assisting with photo competitions (Quest) conceptualization, creation, & curation, managing editorial calendar, & working with external writers. Additionally, they will work closely with the brand manager on on-site photo curation, creation of social assets, & executing on campaigns.
What you'll be doing:
- Work collaboratively with the brand manager to execute digital strategies, schedule assets on social media, & drive awareness & growth of the 500px brand
- Assist the marketing team to ensure campaigns & product launches are communicated effectively on all social channels
- Support tracking & report performance of social channels & assets
- Run tests & report on successes to optimize social posting schedule, assets, engagement, etc.
- Own the organization of all digital assets used for social
- Assist brand manager with curating Editors Choice
- Work with brand/community manager to create a strategy & execute for Quests that increases submissions & supports marketing objectives
- Shortlist Quests submissions & judge various Quests where needed with the assistance of the brand/community manager
- Work with external vendor to coordinate blog post topics that are engaging & interesting within the photography industry
- Manage the daily blog editorial calendar
- Stay up-to-date with advertising trends, tools, emerging platforms, & competitors
What the ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum 2-3 years working in social media with experience working in photography or photography related field
- A related degree in digital marketing or visual arts
- Thrives in a digital space with an eagerness to learn & adapt to current trends
- Strong writing & editing skills are a must
- Strong creative research skills
- Ability to translate various sources of data into actionable insights that inform both social strategies & planning
- Photography experience is a must
- Experience with Figma or Adobe Suite preferred
- Experience with user generated photography preferred
- Ability to discuss photography with professional photographers
- An active & strong curation eye
Bonus points for:
- Being a member of the 500px community
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Great health & dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager
- Case study: we'll ask you to complete a business challenge, & then share it with us to review
- Team interviews: 2-3 hours on Zoom where you'll e-meet multiple members of our team
We believe diverse teams perform better, & we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
500px welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.