Staff Software Architect
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data, & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
The Staff Software Architect for a mentoring HO position as an integral member of our newly formed architects team. We are a data & analytics company for digital media, tracking ads for companies. Our platform utilizes a wide range of strategies to ingests billions of events per day from different sources, apply our business logic, & make the data available for consumption & reporting. To achieve this goal you will guide & collaborate with talented, curious, & highly motivated group of engineers & senior engineering leadership.
What youll do:
- Architect, design, & build distributed systems processing & applying business logic for Big Data workloads (Kafka, Spark, Hive), serve thousands of clients & support advanced analytics
- Act as a technology trailblazer - evaluate new technologies, frameworks, tools, & methodologies, conduct PoCs, & make recommendations to engineering management. Spread the knowledge by training the engineering staff.
- Build Object Oriented or Functional Programming, scalable & high-quality code including constantly reviewing developers code, look for design breaches, provide meaningful & relevant feedback to developers, stay up-to-date with system changes
- Collaborate with multiple cross-disciplinary teams & provide technical leadership, guidance, & coaching to engineers through brainstorming sessions, design reviews, & pair-programming
- Define & advocate for technical standards of CI/CD, quality, monitoring, security, modifiability, extensibility, & maintainability of data processing software
- Fluent in SQL & data analysis
- Create documentation, flow charts, & diagrams that record systems behavior, data flows, etc. with the purpose of serving as a reference for new team members, auditors, etc.
- Communicate & partner with technical & non-technical teams
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in building & operating mission-critical data-intensive & distributed systems
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Scala/Java/.Net/Python development
- 3+ years hands-on experience in SQL & data analysis
- 2+ years experience of Resource Management
- Ability to Architect & Design complex software systems while adhering to fundamental principles & best practices
- Technical expert across 2+ domains
- In-depth understanding & hands-on experience with large scale systems & Big Data
- Experience with following & advocating state of the art SDLC processes
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field or equivalent technical experience