Company Description|Job Description
At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we're best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, & researchers in a scalable, reliable, & secure fashion is a software product challenge.
We wanted flying cars & instead we got 140 characters” is a much-repeated complaint about Silicon Valley. But with all due respect to flying cars, we believe that our mission is even more critical. We've raised more than $500M from some of the leading venture firms in the world to work on this problem.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, & data integrations with internal & external systems to deliver useful & elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic & therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test & receive our clinical reports, & deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms & drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), & a variety of AWS services to analyze & disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the Role
The Software team is looking for an experienced & energetic software quality engineer to help drive software quality, continuous integration & delivery of exceptional user experiences.
In this role you will primarily work on Data Integrations between healthcare systems (EMR/EHR) using industry standards & protocols (HL7, JSON, XML, RESTFul/SOAP APIs). In addition, you will find many opportunities to work on other software components of the Guardant software stack.
As a member of the Software team, you will:
- Work with very interesting technologies & datasets (human genomics)
- Participate in requirements & design review meetings to create comprehensive test strategies/plans
- Design, create, enhance, & maintain detailed test cases & conduct hands-on testing, including integration testing
- Provide accurate planning, clear strategies, & milestones for testing leading to successful implementation & timely project completion
- Report, track & escalate anomalies discovered during testing (All testing phases) & ensure closure on issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely & robust execution of testing as part of a regular release schedule
- Assist in creating, maintaining, & running automated testing frameworks
- Assist with defining & implementing software quality improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
You have the ability to understand system architecture, design, implementation & succinctly develop test approach & test cases to deliver high-quality results.
You can work proactively, independently & as part of a team on multiple tasks & projects, & quickly learn new technologies.
You enjoy an agile, fast paced & highly technical environment. You are comfortable with receiving & providing constructive feedback.
In addition, you bring
- 5+ years of hands-on testing experience, including data-driven, web-based applications, services & RESTFul APIs, Linux/open source stack
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with relational & NoSQL data stores
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare systems (EMR/EHR) & related interfaces & communication protocols (e.g. HL7)
- Good knowledge of programming & scripting languages such as Java, Ruby, Python, Shell
- Prior experience in automation tools & frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber, Telerik, Robot Framework
- Experience in analyzing & evaluating data transmissions between distributed systems (e.g. EMR/EHR, payer systems)
- Hands-on knowledge of publish-subscribe messaging & message queuing
- Strong experience in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & testing of custom, complex business applications
- Experience in debugging distributed systems & applications
- Experience working in an Agile team
- B.S or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related study or equivalent project experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.