Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Account Executive, Visa DPS Issuer Processing & Enablement, is responsible for developing, maintaining, & executing processing relationship & sales strategies for Financial Institutions. This position is responsible for negotiating contractual arrangements & selling Visa DPS product & service offerings into a targeted book of business of banks & credit unions, as well as financial technology companies. The position will work closely with internal & external partners to develop strategic account plans & to ensure appropriate communication flows to deepen business relationships.
This relationship & sales role has direct accountability for sales results & activities within an assigned portfolio of Financial Institutions. The Account Executive must reside in the US market (contiguous United States).
- Develop & execute customized relationship & sales plans to increase Visa DPS processing volume, market share & expand penetration of Visa DPS products & solutions
- Provide strategic value to customers including leveraging trends in customer industries/marketplaces to shape solutions & approaches.
- Develop strategies that position the business to shape & capitalize on emerging customer & market needs.
- Proactively identify & solve complex problems that impact the relationship & sales management & direction of the business & the clients.
- Utilize a consultative relationship & sales approach that ensures that the client's business objectives are met & that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized.
- Prepare proposals & negotiate contractual relationships within the targeted book of business for accepting & deploying Visa DPS products & services.
- Continuously review client landscape & recommend, develop, & implement new & creative approaches to growing the Visa & clients business.
- Collaborate with the product management team regarding new product development. Foster in-depth & productive relationships at all levels with the client & the Visa organization.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer's business including payment strategy across all product platforms.
- Actively lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
Business experience with related relationship, sales, & management experience in the payments industry preferably within issuer processing or similar experience.
Demonstrated relationship experience with Processing within the Issuing markets & managing a targeted book of business
Strong industry knowledge of Issuing, POS & eCommerce acceptance solutions.
Strong knowledge of Operational & IT payment processing environments
Demonstrated track record of planning, managing & closing a large-scale, complex, competitive sales effort.
Proven ability to develop & implement strategic initiatives, policies & operational decisions for a major segment.
Exceptional written & verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with levels including executive management.
Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal & external resources & cross functional relationships.
Proven ability to negotiate business agreements & to enhance existing & develop new business partnerships.
Demonstrated proficiency in managing & summarizing the financial indicators necessary to measures business performance including P&L responsibility & accurately forecasting major sources of cost, revenue & risk.
Consulting experience a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
EEOC: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.