Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years-- we are now active in nine markets, & on three continents.
The Associate Director of Benefits will be responsible for leading the benefits function at HelloFresh US, a rapidly growing organization with a workforce of approximately 3,700 permanent employees & over 5,000 contingent workers. Scope of this role includes the planning & directing the overall design, implementation, funding, compliance, & on-going administration of the organizations US domiciled benefits programs & how employees engage with them. Such programs include health insurance, retirement 401(k), risk coverage benefits, leave, payroll, payroll deduction programs (pre-tax accounts & voluntary benefits), & select perquisites.
Reporting directly to the Director, Total Rewards US, this role will have the responsibility of developing & executing a strategy for the creation of a standalone benefits program outside of our current co-employment arrangement which is currently fully managing the existing program. It is an incredible opportunity for one who wants a blank canvas for designing & implementing a fresh benefits program to ensure it supports our efforts to attract, motivate, & retain top talent, building a great place to work.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on US benefit programs design, funding, administration, & compliance
- Create in partnership with the Total Rewards Director a standalone benefits program design & funding which take into account change management considerations from existing co-employment program, costs, total rewards strategy, & compliance & funding risk for implementation on January 1, 2021
- Lay groundwork for enhanced design & funding (i.e. self-insure medical) of benefits program beyond 2021
- Set-up & maintain in partnership with People Core Services team necessary standalone administration for 2021 benefits program & its compliance, including implementation of elected insurers/vendors, benefits administrator platform, defining internal processes, & coordination of necessary file feeds to HCM & Payroll
- Manage on-going relationships with existing & new benefits programs vendors, including leading the on-going relationship & future renewal negotiations
- Ensure that benefit plans are administered in compliance with all federal, state, & municipality laws & regulations
- Partner with finance on the strategic set-up of the tracking of & the on-going management of costs of the benefits program.
- Foster strong partnerships with senior business leaders (including US CEO & CFO), Diversity & Inclusion organization lead, employee focus groups, HR Business Partners, & People Team functional experts for successful design, administrative execution, & employee engagement for benefit program
- Develop & execute in partnership with People communications team inspiring & creative employee engagement campaigns on benefits program. Employee engagement should be a key strategic consideration for the standalone benefits program execution.
- Manage both the operational & employee engagement components for the fresh 2021 benefits program Open Enrollment in Q4 2020
- Serve as advisory partner with Finance & Safety departments on Workers Compensation programs on-going administration & funding
- People Advocate + Culture Curator: your passion for solving people problems & dedication to delivering a positive employee experience make you an awesome ambassador for our culture & team
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action & pave the way for efficiency
- Results-driven: you enjoy grinding away at issues & brainstorming creative methods for problem-solving
- Interpersonal: you're intuitive, engaging, & outgoing; you're engaging & instantly connect with people
- Flexible: you thrive in autonomous environments with high growth & don't get overwhelmed easily
- Embrace Ambiguity: if there is not a clear path, you thrive & get excited from the path you can forge
- Self starter but collaborator, independently motivated, leads oneself, works cross functionally, & embraces stakeholder management
- Professional: you have a high level of integrity & handle confidential information with tact
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or other related field
- Formal benefits certifications, such as Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) & formal benefits coursework a plus
- A minimum of 6 years designing, implementing, & administering Benefits Programs
- Prior people management experience a plus; this role will have a benefits analyst as a direct report
- In depth knowledge & understanding of US benefits (medical, 401(k), leave, risk, payroll deduction based, perquisites, etc.) programs, design, funding, administration, & engagement for both salaried & hourly employees
- Experience with management of workers compensation funding & program management a plus
- A track record of designing & implementing successful & creative benefits programs
- Comfort presenting to senior management & executive presence
- Data aptitude, your business recommendations are based on solid quantitative analysis
- Current knowledge of related government rules & regulations, including ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, ACA, & other applicable Labor and/or Tax federal, state (especially NY, NJ, & CA), & municipality (specifically New York City) laws & regulations around US benefits; works with People Core Services team to ensure necessary compliance & reporting requirements
- Benefits program communications campaign experience; you are passionate just as much about how employees learn & engage with benefits programs as you are with their designs & funding
- Strong technical, managerial, & team building skills with the ability to balance tactical & strategic responsibilities
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests from Day 1
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.