A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world's leading software for data-driven decisions & operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, & more.
From the moment you flexed your first <div>, you knew that frontend was for you. What you didn't know was how far beyond the simplicity of a grid-based layout your journey would take you! Frontend software engineers at Palantir are constantly exploring new horizons: type theory, operational transforms, 2D & 3D mapping, UI design systems, high-scale graphics rendering, evidence-based performance optimization, & the need to decompose user asks into maintainable software.
Every engineer is encouraged to play to their strengths, so there is no one size fits all” approach to frontend engineering. Here are a few of the many diverse types of engineers you may work with:
• The engineer that balances velocity with refinement, sprinkling code improvements at a constant clip & writing clean, production-quality code that helps mature early ideas into hardened products.
• The engineer who loves the challenge of isolating & crushing standalone problems under the might of an elegantly designed library. Writes beautiful APIs & documentation. May be active in Open Source.
• The engineer who thrives in a green field, working thoughtfully with or without a designer to bring wispy ideas from whiteboard to prototypal fruition in record time. Abides by the mantra of Move quickly & make things.”
• The engineer that seeks to understand, capture, & celebrate the tiny details in the world. Lives for pixel precision & the final layers of polish, elegance, & performance that will make our products take flight.
• The engineer who optimizes the tooling that others depend on, pushing the boundary of what frontend build systems can deliver. Harnesses tools such as Webpack, Lerna & Babel to increase developer productivity & package code to be deployed anywhere.
Frontend engineers are involved throughout the product lifecycle - from idea generation, design, & prototyping to execution & shipping! You'll collaborate closely with designers, product managers & backend developers to shape & build powerful data-backed applications. You will be a part of high-level product & technical decision-making, as well as diving into the weeds to unblock those around you & write maintainable code. We encourage all team members to stay up-to-date with current frontend trends, identify community standard processes, & guide others around them through code reviews & internal tech talks.