At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The Operations Technology team is responsible for creating, enhancing, & supporting our proprietary solutions to unique business problems. The team consists of multiple groups of highly motivated, creative, & technically savvy engineers, testers, & product owners. These groups are responsible for end to end ownership of the products that fuel our round-the-clock warehouse operations with exact focus on reliability, resilience & scalability.
About the Role:
We are looking for a software engineer with server-side development experience to work on our core RESTful services. Our engineering team uses a service-oriented architecture to power our mobile app, our website, & our warehouse technology. In this role you will work on both new product features & technical infrastructure as we believe in building for the future to enable performance & scaling. Youll be part of the team that owns our rapidly evolving transportation management system, & with it our customer promise.
What Youll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, & deployment
- Develop clean, testable, scalable systems using Java, Dropwizard, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Splunk, React, SignalFx & a variety of other open-source technologies
- Deliver software on a sustainable schedule that keeps work-life balance in mind
- Find architectural improvements to enable rapid growth in traffic & order volumes
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Mentor & learn from your teammates & foster an inclusive, empowering team dynamic
- Experience integrating 3rd party public APIs
- Youve shipped multiple large software projects & learned from the experiences
- Able to learn new tools & technologies quickly
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort
- Ability to manage your time & juggle competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Extensive Java chops or any prior Dropwizard, RabbitMQ, MySQL, React are a plus
- Curious, has a sense of humor
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos & culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, & dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.