LOCATION: CENTRAL LONDON
AlphaSights is seeking exceptional gap year students to join us in London as AlphaScholars. If you are driven, focussed & excited about diving into the world of business before university, wed love to hear from you.
Were a global team of ambitious, mission-driven professionals committed to accelerating progress for our clients & for our people alike. As anAlphaScholar youll have significant autonomy & responsibility. Youll get intense training to help you excel in your role. And youll have opportunities to work & spend time with like-minded colleagues right from the get-go.
Leading professionals around the world often find themselves in situations where they dont have the knowledge they need to confidently make decisions & move forward. Thats when they turn to AlphaSights. Our people bring commercial instincts, business acumen, & awhatever-it-takes mentality to every project to truly understand our clients unique questions & identify the precise experts who can offer valuable insights.With a better understanding of the world than they had before engaging AlphaSights, our clients accelerate their progress.They harness newfound insights & knowledge to think faster & smarter than the competition, generate ideas, & make extraordinary breakthroughs to drive the business forward.
Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs over 500 professionals in nine offices around the globe & regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more atalphasights.com
As an AlphaScholar, you will be placed in our business development team exploring an emerging part of the business & helping to drive forward new products & business initiatives. You can expect a steep learning curve & a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to learn quickly, manage competing deadlines & deliver projects to your team under time pressure.
You will be working closely with another AlphaScholar with one of our Managers to deliver different projects within business development. This in the past included: mapping accounts, drafting reports & generating qualified prospects. You will also have the opportunity to manage at least one project from start to finish.
What We Look For
Applicants should possess an understanding of our business & be able to articulate why we exist & what we do. We do not expect hard skills or technical competencies at this level, but we do look for the following features when assessing & selecting new team members:
- You have clear early ideas for your career direction & are aware of how AlphaSights could fit with your journey
- You are excited about developing business communication skills
- You have a positive 'can-do' attitude & have a natural tendency to take the initiative & work independently
- You are a team-player - you can empathise, connect with others & build meaningful relationships
What will you get from us
- Opportunities for training & development throughout
- High level of autonomy & ownership of role from day one
- Subsidized canteen, free breakfast, Friday drinks, snacks & fruit throughout the day
- Weekly morning yoga & corporate gym discounts
- Current Year 13 student
- Strong academic credentials (Predicted AAB or above)
- Noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- A natural curiosity & an ambition to expand your horizons
- Fluency in English (foreign language skills are also a plus)
Please note that we appreciate the pressure of exam period, & will always try to work with you to schedule interview dates that best reconcile with your timetable.
Please note that this position is only available in London & we are unable to sponsor visas for this programme. The programme is paid competitively.